You're not telling me anything new there. But the hybrids, with...

1. 10,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 653
    You're not telling me anything new there. But the hybrids, with small batteries will beat BEVs for a long time due to many factors IMO. I think you will find that the batteries are the middle man, and the matter is where the power is generated, and how much storage you need to have.

Far better with current tech to generate the power right next to the batteries and motor, rather than at a coal/nuclear/other powerstation, if you want to be efficient, and on balance improve air quality - although it might be a policy decision to ban ICE's in big cities, and increase the pollution outside the cities, if there isn't plentiful hydropower. But the BEVs would need to improve a lot to not annoy your citizens. Imagine long lines of cars at superchargers going at 15 mins a pop to get to 50%. Where would there be room for that in Beijing?

And if you want convenience, then charging times vs filling a tank and range on one charge/fuelling stop also leave BEV's way behind. If you want to have a quick drag race, then you are looking at 3% of the market or so IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.