IMM 2.70% 38.0¢ immutep limited

Sometimes I despair when I read some of the posts where people...

1. 58 Posts.
    Sometimes I despair when I read some of the posts where people are trying to make a cent or two by climbing on and off the bus. It is a known investment truism that eventually one wakes up late and the bus has raced off before they can climb back on. Check this out and then be convinced PRR will make a dollar SP sometime in 2011.

Amgen to Acquire BioVex, a Privately Held Biotechnology Company Headquartered in Woburn, Mass

Acquisition Includes a Therapeutic in Phase 3 Clinical Trials for the Treatment of Advanced Melanoma and Head and Neck Cancer
    THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. and WOBURN, Mass., Jan. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Amgen (Nasdaq: AMGN) and Group, Inc. today announced that the companies have entered into a definitive acquisition agreement under which Amgen has agreed to acquire BioVex Group, Inc., a privately held, venture-funded, biotechnology company headquartered in Woburn, Mass. BioVex is developing OncoVEX(GM-CSF), a novel oncolytic vaccine in Phase 3 clinical development, that may represent a new approach to treating melanoma and head and neck cancer.

Under terms of the agreement, Amgen will pay up to $1 billion: $425 million in cash at closing and up to $575 million in additional payments upon the achievement of certain regulatory and sales milestones. The transaction has been approved by the boards of directors of each company. It is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals, and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2011. Following the completion of the transaction, BioVex will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Amgen.

"OncoVex has demonstrated encouraging anti-tumor activity in clinical studies for the treatment of melanoma and head and neck cancer, and BioVex is currently enrolling patients into pivotal Phase 3 trials in both indications," said Roger M. Perlmutter, M.D., Ph.D., Amgen's executive vice president, Research and Development. "Amgen is particularly excited about joining with BioVex and its talented staff to focus on advancing this late-stage investigational therapy, with the hope of bringing it to market within the next few years."

"Amgen is ideally positioned to leverage the potential of OncoVEX in multiple solid tumor indications given their impressive oncology franchise and expertise in biologics manufacturing and development," said Philip Astley-Sparke, chief executive officer of BioVex. "We have a shared vision and commitment to bring novel therapeutics to market and we are looking forward to being able to combine our efforts towards this common goal."

PRR is in the same ball park and is currely being discussed in the US and Japan as a billion dollar comapany.

If you're still not convinced read carefully the last presentation, especially page 29 which points out newsflow ie. announcements. First up if you still want to make just a cent or two get set today because the first announcement is due next week when the safety data of phase 2b CVac comes out.This will be a major box to be ticked with regard to FDA approval. Trust me it will be good news, and as far as major investors are concerned BIG NEWS. Another tip. When Nasdaq listing is done check out which US corporations and investment houses get set. If they are the same as some of the Amgen, Dendreon etc major players hang on tight. Everything I post is in the public domain it just takes a holiday like yesterday to find the time. Also congratulations to the chairman Lucy Turnbull on her Order of Australia.

AS the wife of the vainglorious member for Wentworth, Lucy Turnbull might possibly have been awarded a gong on Australia Day for ``Services to Malcolm''.
    But as the official citation for the Order of Australia confirms, her role as the senior adviser (domestic affairs) to Malcolm Turnbull is the least of her qualifications.
    Ms Turnbull is in the mould of Therese Rein, the epitome of an independent, self-made businesswoman.
    It is also a matter of public record that it was he, not she, who assumed the role of political appendage first.
    Elected to Sydney Council in 1999, Ms Turnbull succeeded Frank Sartor, later a state Labor minister, as lord mayor of Sydney in 2003. She was the first woman to hold the position.
    It was an interest in urban planning -- and an abiding love for the Emerald City -- that had motivated her to enter politics, and it's one the qualified lawyer has retained in the years since.
    A board member of the Sydney Metropolitan Development Authority and the Redfern-Waterloo Authority, she was also appointed the deputy chairwoman of the COAG expert advisory panel on cities last year.
    Like many, she laments the shortcomings in infrastructure that now bedevil the city.
    ``I think we went into a period of some torpor immediately after the Sydney Olympics and resting on our laurels,'' Ms Turnbull said.
    ``We exhaled and didn't do much for a few years and that's been catching up with us.''
    The other thread in her life has been her endeavours with a range of philanthropic and cultural groups. Over the years she has worked with the Salvation Army, the Wayside Chapel, the Red Shield Appeal and, closest to her heart, has raised money for the Sydney Children's Hospital -- her first charitable endeavour in the early 1990s.
    ``Having had a child who'd been to casualty there, I knew it was a wonderful institution, but at that stage it needed a bit more local community support. So I'm really proud of trying to help make that happen,'' she says.
    As well as her role with the Sydney art Biennale and various galleries, Ms Turnbull also chairs a biotech company, Prima Biomed, which conducts research and development into vaccines for ovarian and other cancers.
    Of being made an Officer (AO) in the general division of the Order of Australia, Ms Turnbull admits she is thrilled to be recognised in such a way.
    ``It's just an incredible honour and a privilege. It's extremely exciting,'' she said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $451.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 38.3¢ 36.5¢ $219.2K 583.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 52027 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 2713 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
38.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 2.43 %)
Open High Low Volume
37.0¢ 38.0¢ 37.0¢ 151143
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.