1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Let's face it Abbott is finished

1. moondoong

28,926 Posts.

Too many lies told before the election and for what?
    The LNP was guaranteed to win anyway.
    It was just sheer political expediency to win as many seats as possible.
    After flogging Krudd and Gillard mercilessly over lies and backflips it's about all we've seen from this government.
    The boats have been stopped. Carbon tax and mrrt tax gone. Massive ticks there but all the goodwill has been burned up. He has blown his political capital and given the opposition more ammo than the Turks in WW1. He gave no quarter to his enemies and now will get none in return.
    Live by the sword die by the sword.
    There is no way back for LNP under Abbott unfortunately which means Shorten will be our next prime minister in just 18 months if there are no changes.
    Abbott was an amazing opposition leader who took down 3 prime ministers but he's turned out to be a lousy prime minister thus far.
    Maybe just maybe he can turn things around but I doubt it. Can't see it. Don't believe it.
    The conservatives need a leader who isn't afraid to tell us the truth about our budget and debt situation and who can outline how all of us working together can pay it off and make our nation strong again. We need a coherent and fair and equitable plan for our nation. We'll never get it from Labor.
    If the people won't listen then better to be in opposition and let Labor destroy the joint.
    Meanwhile I am seeing the train wreck coming and am moving what assets I can legally offshore, as the signs are dire for Australia under Labor.
    There will be an explosion of debt. Explosion of new and increased taxes. An explosion in the number of illegal boat arrivals. And an explosion in the number of public servants.
    Even Phar Lap couldn't win with too much lead in the saddle bags.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.