King's office did not immediately return CNN's request for...

1. 7,505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 599
    King's office did not immediately return CNN's request for comment, but King did defend himself against criticism Wednesday on Twitter."Americans, all created equal by God, with all our races, ethnicities, and national origins-legal immigrants & natural born citizens, together make up the Shining City on the Hill. These attacks are orchestrated by nasty, desperate, and dishonest fake news. Their ultimate goal is to flip the House and impeach Donald Trump. Establishment Never Trumpers are complicit," King said in a statement.He also defended himself in a recent interview with The Washington Post after the shooting in Pittsburgh, saying that he is not anti-Semitic. "How do you call Steve King anti-Semitic?" he said, and also reportedly stated that there's "a special place in hell" for people who commit violence that is religious or race-based.King has also come under scrutiny for his recent endorsement of Faith Goldy earlier this month to be the next mayor of Toronto. Goldy is a controversial figure in Canadian politics, who has questioned whether Canada faces a "white genocide."In an interview with a local Iowa news station, King defended his support for Goldy, saying, "there's this police action going on that once someone has been labeled by the left then we're all supposed to step away from them and shun them for whatever they might have said."When asked by the interviewer if Goldy is "a supremacist," the congressman said, "I don't know that. I have not seen the evidence of that. Nothing came out in our conversations that would have indicated that."King went on to defend himself against accusations of white nationalism, saying, "No one who knows me says that and there are a lot of people that know me ... the people who know me don't say that." He added, "I am effective and they attack the people that are effective. They try to marginalize effective people and they do it through intimidation. This is cyber-bullying that's going on."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.