1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
NST $6.99

Latest Numbers

1. JID

3,420 Posts.
    Latest comparative numbers for the miners that I am interested in, including NST now that all Q4 reports are in:

Some notes re NST;

Number of shares on issue increased slightly due to employee share plan issuances.

Net cash position improved in the Q to +$84m. This, despite paying out a substantial dividend during the period.

I have adjusted their p.a. production to 610k oz despite this being higher than their upper guidance (600k oz) as I believe the strong 1H will be improved upon in 2H due to Pegasus and Paulsens (moving into V2).

Note that I have added a LOM line that is determined by Reserves / Annual Production. You'll see in NST's case that this is lower than the "EV / Post AIC Free Cashflow (before tax)" which indicates that there is no safety buffer investing in NST when looking at just the Reserves - i.e. only 2 years LOM whilst investors pay 3.37 years of AIC free cash flow to buy shares. Thus investors need to use a qualitative judgement regarding the current resources and their potential conversion to reserves along with the ability of NST to find more resources. At current prices the market is anticipating this to be the case.

NST represents one of the best value for money gold producers at present, despite the strong SP performance. Investors can buy NST at just 3.37 years of AIC Free Cash flow (before tax) at current inputs. Only issue is short LOM based solely on reserves.

Table:

Miner_Comparisons_Feb_2015.png

Likewise here is the latest Short Report. Nothing to see here. Shorts continue to bleed off NST at a steady, non-panicked pace:

Short_Report_29_January_2015.png

Cheers
    John

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.