EMH 7.69% 28.0¢ european metals holdings limited

Nice post. To answer your last sentence, it's because of what I...

1. 3,595 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Nice post.

To answer your last sentence, it's because of what I said above. Trading is a never ending learning experience.

I do well, but within me I know I could do better. My own trading arsenal is adequately equipped, except for the (as you put it) "timing factor".

I'm sure every trader/investor has had the experience of getting aboard a stock and seeing it go up 20,50 or 100% and they immediately think "we're off to the moon" only to see it slide back to half it's price or worse.

I've long come to the conclusion that apart from price and volume (which you can easily see on the chart), that there is also a "time factor" involved. When the "time" is right, the stock explodes, yet there's no readily available chart tool in any package I've tested to measure "time" accurately.

Let's use EMH as an example.

The early investors who got into EMH in April 2015 would have been euphoric when it tripled over the next few weeks. But that euphoria would have been replaced with despair as it halved over the next five months. Then over the next two months euphoria again as it doubled only to see it drift down again for the next three months. And so on and so forth over the last year. At least EMH is playing out in a more rapid fashion, but plenty of 20 baggers have played out over much, much longer time frames. The big money is to be made in that last huge spike. But you have to find those stocks that are about to go parabolic. I don't want trading capital tied up for 5-6 years when there's big opportunities happening every week/month, especially when you don't know if "this move" is the "big one" or if its the death stroke. Witness LNG or KAR or SFR or SAR or any of the tech stocks back in 2000

Every stock that has gone parabolic has exhibited the same characteristics. They go up in order of magnitude and finally something happens to reach critical mass that causes then to rocket. Its "time" has come. How do you measure that time? I don't know, hence the reason I trade the way I do, because I don't know if "this time" is the big lift off. But a few select other people do know it. They understand this mysterious time factor. It's not an indicator you can drop on the chart or a pattern that you can see coming (or one that I can see, and I've looked at and dissected tens of thousands of charts). Yet it happens all the time. I've read dozens of books/articles on Fibonacci Time and Gann Time and even developed time indicators of my own, but none of them stand up to real world trading in finding that elusive moment of "it's time".

Anyway, suffice to say, that I'm always looking for newer and better ways to trade hence my wanting your opinion re:time.

The market is an arena. The best warriors survive. The others get eaten by the lions.

Let's hope that EMH time has come and is due to go parabolic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.020(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $34.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 28.0¢ 26.5¢ $2.747K 10.34K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 10000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.52pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.