1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers
AJX 17.0¢

Just Watched Toxic Hot Seat

1. septa

3,208 Posts.
    Lazy sunday afternoon, just watched Toxic Hot Seat, the HBO doco on the use of toxic flame retardants in the household.

It seems from late 2013 onwards, the whole movement away from toxic chemicals is gathering momentum.

Lobbyists are suggesting that the removal of all chemicals from materials and a change to fire safety regulations should be the solution. From the doco, it seems to make sense towards what they are saying.

The Chemical companies are pushing the line that the retardancy agents do still provide more time for safely removing humans from fire situations.

I have this strong feeling it's going to be an interesting 2015....

With these two positions held by the lobbyists and chemical companies....Could you imagine if there was a product... That happened to be non toxic.... That provided flame retardancy to a high standard... And was commercially viable?

Sounds like it would become the middleman and become the solution to the problem.

I can see why Nick Clark moved permanently to Washington.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.