1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Just received this email from a friend in Bali

1. lani

233 posts.

Received this from a friend in Bali now.

We were sitting in Peanuts around 11-30 when I felt a slight shake like a small tremor. A couple of tourists came in & said that was a fire in Poppies Lane 2.
    A couple of minutes later Ngurahs phone rang & he said that it was the police & that the Sari Club had just been bombed & was Peanuts okay? By this time Legian St was alive with fire trucks, ambulances & people. All of our crowd were accounted for except for young Jodie & her boyfriend Dean who said they were going back to the hotel but may go up to Paddays & the Sari Club first.
    I ran back to the Champlung Mas & found them there safe.
    By this time the whole area was in uproar. I decided to go down to the Bagus Bar in Poppies 2 & check out the scene & see if I could help out in any way. I came out in the lane by the Barong Hotel & headed up towards Legian St. All the way up was broken glass caused by windows that had been blown out by the blast, tiles & bits of timber were everywhere. I got to the Bagus & a part of the roof was hanging in. The police were just starting to secure the area but I got through & stood at the corner of Poppies 2 & Legian St. I cannot describe what I saw. Looking across towards Paddays there was only the shell of the place left. People were running in all directions, fire & smoke filled the air & the whole scene was out of control but this was nothing to what I saw until front ofthe Sari Club. The club itself was gone & just rubble left. Bodies covered with blood splattered sheets covered the footpath,two bodies burnt to a crisp were carried out & put in a van. What really got to me was seeing a helmet with a head in it lying in the gutter. Some poor kid riding his bike past when the bomb went off. By this time the police were moving everybody away & even though I offered to help was told to get out of the area & so I went back to Peanuts & spent the rest of the night with Ngurah. I was in a trance & am still very confused at what I had seen but I will never ever forget the footpath out the front of the Sari Club,people wandering around confused with limbs hanging off,arms and legs on the ground.

What would have contributed enormously to the explosion is the 6 or so 40kg gas bottles in the Sari Club kitchen.

Speak soon.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.