good evening kingpins, i don't know what your budget is, so ,...

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    good evening kingpins,

i don't know what your budget is, so ,

here goes,

if your budget allows,

if you are going to buy a generator to keep the power on,

i would suggest a diesel generator,

a 5 kva will set you back about $1200.00, Ive got 2 of them, one on the farm and one in the back shed,

diesel is very easy to store and it wont go of as some people suggest,

two, 44 gallon drums you should be able to get for free,

when i was on the bones of my ass, my missus gets a bit frustrated with me because i still live like Ive got nothing, lol, i used to find the cheapest diesel and get one jerry can a week or every couple of weeks, at a time and fill up the 44,

it didn't take long to fill it up the two 44 gallon drums, because i wasn't using it,

anyway, what i still do is i turn over that diesel every 12 thereabouts, and fill up my car and its perfectly fine,

in the mean Ive got my deep freezer in the garage, i put 5 sheep in every year, only because i have my own farm,

Ive started adding crayfish, beef, chicken, etc, just remember you need to turn them over inside 8 months or so or you will end up wasting the meat, which is pretty silly really,

anyway Ive got a missus and two kids and the kids are starting to eat a lot more than when they were little tackers,

fruit and and vegies are dead easy,

carrots, potatoes, onions, turnips can be grown all year round, i do really well out of them,

seasonal vegies like corn, tomatoes, capsicums, beans, pumpkin are generally cheap enough to buy, i grow my own anyway,

pumpkins can be stored for up to 6 months or more,

if you grow a sheet load of tomatoes like me then you can make your own pasta sauce, dead easy,

you said you were retired so the vegies will be an exercise thing for you to get you outside and will keep your blood flowing, and if you plant by the moon your success rate is near enough garrented ( i cant remember how to spell, it, no im not a retard, lol,)

hope that helps, i love looking after my self, i guess its what Ive always done so i hope you do too,

any questions just ask, im happy to help, im going to be retired too in about 15 years lol, maybe sooner if ARL SAS, and 88E get there shit together,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.