1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

jihad in the name of athiesm

1. taughtbuffet

4,943 Posts.

the worlds not safe from these athiests

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...r-a-parking-spot/story-fnh81jut-1227216675665

Three Muslim students executed ‘by staunch atheist over a parking spot’
    north america
    • by: Network Writers and AFP
    • 1 hour ago February 12, 2015 4:35AM

Murdered ... Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, his wife Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, and her sister, Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, were shot dead in their home. Picture: Facebook/Yusor Abu-Salha Source: Supplied
    A STAUNCH atheist who ranted against religion allegedly executed three members of a Muslim family over a parking spat.
    Police said Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, shot dead the students “execution-style” in their apartment on the outskirts of the University of North Carolina’s Chapel Hill campus.
    Dentistry student Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, his new wife Yusor Mohammad, 21, and her sister Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, were found dead on Tuesday evening local time.
    Hicks, a self-professed atheist, turned himself into police and is being held in Durham County Jail on three counts of first-degree murder.

Accused ... Craig Hicks, 46, allegedly shot dead three members of a Muslim family. Picture: AFP/Durham County Sheriff's Office Source: AFP

Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, enters the Durham County courtroom for his first appearance. Picture: Sara D. Davis/Getty Images/AFP Source: AFP

Atheist Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, is accused of committing a hate crime. Picture: AP Photo/The News & Observer, Chuck Liddy Source: AP
    The shooting sparked outrage, with many condemning the attack as a hate crime and sharing their condolences online with a #MuslimLivesMatter hashtag.

Police said the shooting may have been motivated by a simmering dispute between Hicks and the victims, who were neighbours, over a parking spot. They have not ruled out the possibility the shooting was a hate crime.
    “Our investigators are exploring what could have motivated Mr. Hicks to commit such a senseless and tragic act,” Chapel Hill Police Department Chief Chris Blue said, according to New York Daily News.
    “We understand the concerns about the possibility that this was hate-motivated and we will exhaust every lead to determine if that is the case. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of these young people who lost their lives so needlessly.”

Heartbreaking ... Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, shared this beautiful photo on Facebook of her dancing with her dad on her wedding day. Picture: Facebook/Yusor Abu-Salha Source: Supplied

Hicks’s Facebook page showed dozens of anti-religious posts, including one calling himself an “anti-theist” saying he has a “conscientious objection to religion” and other memes denouncing Christianity, Mormonism and Islam.
    His page also showed a photo of a loaded revolver, alongside a video of a puppy and a promotional clip for Air New Zealand.

Happy couple ... students Yusor Abu-Salha and Deah Shaddy Barakat pictured with a friend. Picture: Facebook/Deah Barakat Source: Supplied

One post read: “I’m not an atheist because I’m ignorant of the reality of religious scripture. I’m an atheist because religious scripture is ignorant of reality.”
    “Given the enormous harm that your religion has done in this world, I’d say that I have not only a right, but a duty, to insult it,” he posted under the religious beliefs tab

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.