If neighbours kids are coming to visit, it might be time to now...

1. 29,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1448
    If neighbours kids are coming to visit, it might be time to now start training pup to not jump up on people
    when they arrive
    because pups love company and get excited.
    Nothing worse than apologising for torn stockings and scratched legs or claws caught in pants etc.
    Not easy but the pup will of course want to sniff under the door and will be able,
    as sense progresses, to tell u whether friend or foe.
    Most important that pup be told to wait in sit position at a spot away from the door and not dart out.
    With jumping up :
    Best way to teach a dog, imo is to turn your back on it and ignore it if it starts jumping up.
    At this time to be giving it attention for doing the wrong thing is not good.
    Only good dogs get attention.
    Ignore the dog and go and sit and push it away if it is jumping up.
    Command on your bed.
    Only when the dog is settled and it has done the right thing, does it get attention.
    All of this is hard and takes practice, firstly on lead then leaving lead on the ground.

A well behaved dog will be welcomed by many and understandably so.
    To be able to take your dog with you to most places is great but no one wants a nuisance around.

These are smart working dogs and it is best not to forget that.

Of course, should a tall person in dark clothing come to your door, at this stage your pup might be frightened and pee.
    Try to envision always what she is seeing from her height.
    My size 10 1/2 EE shoes would look dangerous maybe at first sight until she got to know me.

I would highly recommend joining an obedience club.
    They are so much cheaper for an annual sub and members and instructors are so dedicated and are keen
    to have you
    both get the best outcome possible. And stay for question time to pose questions to the instructors.
    If they don't have the answer they will find it from other instructors.
    Don't forget you'd be there for dog training and not looking for wife no.3 LOL Just kidding mate.

Hope your slippers are still in one piece and that she has not killed them. You may see her trying to
    shake them to death like she would a rat.

Ok now over 430 words so best I stop this lecture.

All the best in that fun, no longer silent, abode of yours with the little one. big e

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.