So far can't complain its been pretty good, bud hopefully it...

1. 2,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 321
    So far can't complain its been pretty good, bud hopefully it gets better. Entry and exit points could still improve.

As far as sizing is concerned, it is relative to one's financial capacity and tolerance for risk. Because my longer term outlook for stocks is dire, I am not as interested in stocks that are not going to move in the short to medium term. Unless they are defensive stocks. For lottery stocks, for me even $5-10k each could potentially put you up for a doubling/more or 80-90% loss - can you tolerate a loss of $5-9k? Those are speculative bets on risk-reward. I prefer to weigh more heavily on those Phase 2-3 growth stocks- those that have achieved validation (market traction, growing revenues) and ramping up growth - because their sp tend to move up faster as they announce q-o-q growth. So for opportunity stocks, I am weighted more heavily on PNV, VHT, DUB and defensive D2O while I get into ANO for growth & trade. I avoid blue chips because they can be marked down if they don't meet expectations - and their growth is not there. So for stock selection, fast and upcoming stocks in the $300-500m mcap category that could be $1B & more stocks in the future would be the interesting picks- the ones that can become the Appens, Afterpay. And the $50-200m mcap category that can be interesting when they eventually become profitable. Allocation of sizing ultimately depends on the stock potential, the status of the stock valuation at time of entry, your expected timeframe for exit, whether you are going to trade in it (if you are, then perhaps buy more if the price is conducive), risk profile of the stock (how likely it can possibly go pear shape- what can go wrong if any) and also importantly the stock behaviour (spread/liquidity, volatility/beta, momentum, interest, presence of day trading or not).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.