SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

This has been discussed at length from many points of view over...

1. 688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 232
    This has been discussed at length from many points of view over the last month. The info provided almost always leaves a lot of room for speculation due to terms like "greater than" or "a minimum of".

if you are going to take a punt at forecasting then keep in mind when there is <25% of merchants on board, you dont know what percentage of total GPTV those particular merchants make up. Ie if it is the first 25 merchants out of a pool of 100 then they may well be the biggest by volume and make up 90% of total. Now, that would be a fairly pessimistic outlook.

the second part is the merchants decide how much of their own transactional traffic goes through isx systems. Isx state the total contracted gptv but actual volumes can be much higher depending of merchant needs and confidence in the systems. Once again this is open to speculation.

thirdly, the contracted merchants have internal growth which can flow through to greater volume with isx. At the time of contracting an estimate of volume is made which by the time of integration is generally greater than originally stated. Then again after 6 months of integration they have grown once again. The company has stated that generally individual merchant GPTV is also increasing on a week by week basis.

back to your question on will it be upgraded? They are getting >542/880 with <25% of merchants which are generally increasing gptv on a week by week basis. And the company has stated on 14th may they are now "entering extreme growth phase". I read that as what ever growth isx has had before, they are now growing far faster than previously been achieved.

I think total GPTV leading also to earnings upgrade will be needed. Previous updates have been before dec report in mid jan or before June report in late June where there has been considerable speculation around a topic and a need to update. But it may be that it is ok to just upgrade in the regular reporting sequence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.