1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

ISIS Declares War on Japan

1. Osi

7,163 Posts.
    Perhaps ISIS hoping that a Japanese response would in some way help to destabilise the West of China. But what if Japan moved with China on this front? A complete realignment of global interests is emerging from the civil wars on Syria and Iraq. Who would have though there could be political alignment between US conservatives, Iran and Maoist revolutionaries?

ISIS is losing and gaining ground on multiple global fronts. It is shape shifting away from reliance on (expendable) foreign jihadists IMHO.

As for the Abe Government ...... don’t expect any response to be immediate or direct, particularly as ISIS is losing territory in Iraq. Whether or not Abe sees himself as "the last Samurai" and responds accordingly only time will tell. Japan would like to finally unwedge itself being squeezed between US and Chinese interests IMHO and could use events such as the ISIS declaration to further that ambition.

Iran is coming out of this as an early winner as it's interests align with those of the United States, Russia and China. As I see it the losers will be the Sunni Arabs of both Iran and Syria. I suspect that deals have been done to divide the oil and that the Sunnis won't get much of it.

Also in the meantime there commentators suggesting that the Saudi King has dementia if not Alzheimer’s. I'm not sure about this but he has had at least one stroke so pinning the exact cause of his fragility isn't easy. If instability is detected under the veneer of it all markets will ......

cheers

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.