Hi voltaire, I think you misunderstood partially and partially I...

1. 3,936 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi voltaire, I think you misunderstood partially and partially I explained this badly. Human beings do not have infinite knowledge, so what is truth has to be empirically measurable. Metaphysical beliefs are irrelevant in my opinion, to truth. It's all mere speculation. We only have a finite time on this earth to act and contribute towards advancing ourselves, and advancing our communities. Bahá'í belief therefore focusses on what is measurable and empirical and puts less emphasis on what cannot be measured. This brings science and religion together much more than any time in history in my humble opinion, because Bahá'í communities are engaged in making spiritual life (which is not measurable with current scientific methods) to translate into social life (which is more measurable by scientific approaches) The measurable societal progress then gives personal validity to the spiritual life that drives it. I emphasise the word "personal" here. Hope that makes sense? In offering a response then to the thread title, I would say, yes, the Bible is true. It gives people the motivation to do good if applied correctly, however, today, there is Scripture which can offer higher levels of human functioning with little to no ambiguity through interpretation. For example: Poor interpretation of the Bible has lead to atrocities, oppression and hatred. Poor interpretation of Baha'i Writings can never lead to such things.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.