Emma Eros is a mother-of-two, a businesswoman and a Muslim...

1. 46,394 Posts.
    Emma Eros is a mother-of-two, a businesswoman and a Muslim activist and, as of Monday, One Nation’s newest candidate for the upcoming NSW election. Here, she explains her decision to join the controversial political party.
    Many people are taken aback that I have happily joined One Nation — others have sent me kind words of support and encouragement.
    Many have shown themselves to be very un-Australian in their reaction. It is for you that I pray.
    Unfortunately, in my life, I’ve seen so much hatred, racism, religious division, segregation and oppression and, yes, terrorism.
    One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has long stated that there are moderate Muslims — and there are. They need to stand, speak out and be heard, which is what I’m doing.
    I am Muslim and I practise religion in my way, the way I feel is right, the way I know millions all over the world practise. I may not pray every day but this is akin to one who does not go to church every Sunday.

Emma Eros is running in the seat of Hornsby.Source:Supplied
    Come Ramadan, I fast when I am able to and I practise religion from within.
    To some, such controversial critic of Islam Milo Yiannopoulos, with whom I had a heated debate last year, I’m a “bad Muslim” because I don’t fit into the stereotypical idea of what a Muslim is, says and does.
    I went to see Yiannopoulos to ask him one question: How did he think Australia could move forward from the Islam/anti-Islam divide. I expected and was looking forward to a serious answer but this was not to be.

I guess I wanted to explain the cultural Islam Yiannopoulos was talking about was not what I and many millions of other Muslim followed or practised.
    It saddens me to see such hatred and division in our country.
    I have chosen to make a difference and to contribute to the only country that I have known. My home — Australia.

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson. Picture: Kym SmithSource:News Corp Australia
    So why One Nation? Because I believe the One Nation party of today is inclusive and equal.
    I fully support One Nation; I hold the same ideals and aspirations as One Nation, even when it comes to slowing down immigration, despite the fact that my family emigrated here from Lebanon in the 1960s. I believe charity begins at home when it comes to immigration and we have to look after our own people first. Australia is very welcoming but must be wise to immigrants from countries who will not integrate or respect our way of life.

Emma’s family emigrated from Lebanon in the 1960s.Source:Supplied
    Sharia law has no place in Australia — not now, not ever. I will never budge from this stance.
    I also firmly believe that the burqa should be banned and I will continue to speak out against the range of barbaric cultural practices that involve oppression and suppression.
    I will continue to speak out against anyone who espouses hatred regardless of their religion, creed or colour.
    I will continue to speak out on no-go zones and terrorism.
    I am not sitting for this election because of the religion my grandparents practised; I am sitting for this election because I care about the future of our country.
    I care when people are struggling to pay their bills after working a 40-hour week.
    I care when parents can’t feed their family.
    I care when people are struggling to get the government support that it needs, whether this be small business, farmers, single parents, mental health, pensioners, our veterans and many more.
    I care that the Australian dream has become exactly that — just a dream.
    Religion is between oneself and God.
    It’s time to ask yourself: what future do you want?

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...n/news-story/62be205860e630d24ea7fde2144a3d0c

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.