The thing is what they teach about the Trinity is not true,...

1. 1,501 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35

The thing is what they teach about the Trinity is not true, there is not 3 equal beings in the Godhead. It leads to confusion and builds a false understanding of who/what God is. That is not good! And there is going to be accountability for that.

Mat 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

But everybody will not be held to the same degree of punishment/stripes, it varies from person to person according to the intention in their heart in a matter.

Now another thing, Christ clearly stated that His Father is greater.

John 14:28 You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I. (2nd witness John 10:29)

But then there is the Scripture where it's stated that Christ is equal to God...

Php 2:6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, (NKJV)

Notice it is "equal to God," this is likely the Godly divinity that gave Him a spiritual existence...

G2316 theos: a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

He certainly was equal to the Father in divinity, but as the next verse states, until He became flesh and "emptied Himself" of that divinity that made Him a Spirit Being, so then He could die.

Php 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; (ASV)

He knew and stated that the Father was greater than He was, so there is no trinity or a Bitheism either, which is 2 distinct Gods. The Father and Son are one, this does not mean 2 in totally united, but as in connected, inseparable.

John 10:30 I and My Father are one.
    John 10:38 ...believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."

John 14:7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.