Malaga, I understand your frustration however I think we may...

1. 808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    Malaga, I understand your frustration however I think we may both know that the "1 or 2" disruptive students you refer to have not paid for their course.

It was paid for by Human Services however, I do contend that the funding arrangements have changed and I have not researched the current contribution for the past few years but from at least 2014 and back, TAFE courses were paid for by the Federal Government on the basis that is was an optional activity under the Mutual Obligation requirements of people on Newstart.

I also understand that teaching at TAFE may not have been the easiest of occupations given that more hours may have been put in than was reflected in the payslip.

I totally agree with your comments regarding the parents. NO parent is prepared to admit/accept/acknowledge that there could be a problem with their child and that they should be shipped off to a school that is not logistically conceivable in any case. Never going to happen.

So, sorry Pauline. The people you want to wow and woo may just happen to have children with issues that you referred to in your speech. These people will defend their children before they vote for you again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.