1. Jako8557

15,695 Posts.
    090215 app for that.png

Good Morning and Welcome to the XJO Tuesday Thread

090215 bad banks.png

News for Today (AEDST)

090215 news.png

The XJO closed a little lower on Monday

The Index appears to be finding it pretty tough going since moving higher than Wednesdays close @5777.3,
    and after three days of attempting to absorb the supply at this level, it is beginning to look a little vulnerable.
    However, while price remains above Wednesdays high @ 5805.1 in particular, and the corresponding daily close (5777.3),
    it should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    That said, a break below those two levels will likely see a test of last Tuesdays high (5717.5) and Wednesdays low (5707.4), then following that is the late August 2013 highs beginning at 5679.5.

Anyway, after coming off early in the session on Monday, there was a decent attempt to recover the lost ground during the late afternoon.
    Volume (value traded) was reduced over last Friday and below the 14 day average, but about normal for a Monday.
    (the very high volume on FXJ didn't make much impact on the overall total daily turnover)

-see further below for the intraday chart

090215 xjo.png

XJO Intraday ~10min chart, 3 point wave
    The 5805 line on the chart is the high of last Wednesdays bar, and you can see the Index sliced down through it early in Mondays session.
    Then it came back up and attempted to recover, but was unable, sliced back down.
    And the next bounce higher had the tiniest of upthrusts, before it fell away again.
    Note the difficulty the Index had in making lower lows as it came off, the shortening of the thrust is clear (from low, to low, to low, etc.).
    The Index still needs to prove itself at this level, and hold above 5805, as a failure here would just be a failure on the retest of Wednesday's high.

090215 xjo intra.png

090215 accounting.png

090215 contagious.png

Good Trading and Investing

Wacky Races - Arkansus chugabug (lazy luke).png

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.