GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

here they are in all their glory

1. 5,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Didn’t want to post them all and clog up a thread but honesty decency and charity insist that I do. I am being challenged to post stuff by someone who I feel is stalking me now. Even though I am on ignore I am being provoked and attacked. Very agenda driven in my opinion.

I think Brown63 sums it up nicely when he says…

Subject: re: neighbour gas drilling 25 years
    Stock Code: GDN - GOLDEN STATE RESOURCES LIMITED

Posted: 30/04/07 11:12:40 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Posted By: brown63
    Views: 736
    Post #: 1747288 (In Reply to msg #1747164 from trade4profit)
    Sentiment: Sell
    IP: 155.143.xxx.xxx Voluntary Disclosure: Stock Held
    t4p,

I don't beleive I've ever been abusive to u so I don't understand your tone. U have made numerous +ve posts about GDN and whenever someone tries to express a contrary opinion u reply in an abusive and belittling way. SO far your posts seem to be informative but I must question why you are so threatened of any opposing views. Almost to the point that I'm beginning to suspect you are trying to ramp the stock.
    I haven't made up my mind about u yet but i definetly don't like the tone of your replies.
    The story will unfold over the next few days/weeks/months and all will be revealed. I have nothing to gain by down ramping this stock as I have a moderatly small holding and aren't prepared to risk any more. Whenever I decide that someone is a ramper (up or down) I put them on ignore. Ramping is not something that I myself would ever do. I want to hear others true and honest opinions, that's the only reason I'm here.

Let's put u to the test. Where do u see the sp at the end of this week, and in one month's time? “
    Trade4profit replied with the standard vilification technique…..

Posted: 01/05/07 6:44:56 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Posted By: trade4profit
    Views: 538
    Post #: 1747474 (In Reply to msg #1747288 from brown63)
    Sentiment: Buy
    IP: 138.217.xxx.xxx Voluntary Disclosure: No Stock Held
    brown63...

Seems a pattern here...certain types post a non-sensical, ingenuine and clearly aganda flavoured post, then claim they are being attacked personally when people give it the distain it deserves.

So we are to believe your idea of a "balanced post" or an "opposing view" is to accuse an industry expert good enough to give us some of his valuable time, of posting to an genda...

"warnie, why wouldn't he own any shares? seems to me he is telling us that this is a real goer. why wouldn't he be trying to get as much as he can first thing in the morning?"

This comment can only be described as farcical...and one only a true ultra-junior retail would raise, or indeed those out to divert attention from the beneficial nature of the thread.

I have not seen any of your other posts...and frankly, suspect I would not want to...but your only two posts on this thread (which prompted my reply), had absolutely nothing to do with GDN what so ever and everything to do with interference of a genuine Q&A thread by interested shareholders.

"all i've ever posted are my opinions of what I think the sp will do in the future and I've said why I think that."

No you did not...not on this thread...and not prior to my response to you.

If you post rubbish it will get treated as it deserves...ost considred thought, regardless of which view you take, you will receive my respect.

You don't like my "tone"...lol.

Trade4profit said….
    “On this issues, it has been bought to my attention that Andrewe is suggesting I had an agenda for posting "30 times on GDN in one day"...whilst I do not remember specifically and find it highly unlikely...I CHALLENGE HIM to actually post them all.

It is not in my nature to pursue a topic beyond the point of information saturation...ad infinitum...so I wonder how many of these "30 posts" were in fact simply responses to attacks from the likes of him?

I can say this with a degree of confidence, because I know what my motives are...and they are not what Andrewe or the rest of the "crew" insist.

Surely a person posting with integrity would mention such a thing when suggesting posting "30 posts in one day" was somehow based on an agenda?

Some might suggest not to do so would indeed be symptomatic of agenda itself?”

So here we go.

Subject: re: help

Posted: 30/04/07 12:24:34 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 347
    Post #: 1743578 (In Reply to msg #1743573 from ClarkKent)
    Clackers...

I didn't expect you would provide any substance in your reply...would have to actually know what you are talking about to do that.

lol...empty rhetoric is easier I guess?
    Subject: re: 7000psi mud pressures at 4.5km...

Posted: 30/04/07 7:13:18 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1638
    Post #: 1743639 (In Reply to msg #1743593 from snagg)
    snagg...

My understanding is the pumps effectively increase the pressure on the formations relative to non-circulating muds, due to viscosity, friction and other hydrostatic effects.

Further, the pressures at these depth result in the drilling mud flowing into the formations rather than the other way around, leaving mainly "drilling gas" (the gas released from the breaking of rock at the drill bit), to enter the mud for readings.

To prevent the continuous inflow of drilling muds into the formations, various additives are introduced such as bentonite clay, which apart from helping to remove cuttings from the well, formas a filter cake on the walls of the hole...effectively creating a "skin" on the outside of the well bore (against the formations)...inside which the muds circulate.

The pressure on this skin, whether the mud is circulating or not, is such that for gas to enter the bore, it must be at a higher pressure than the skin being applied to the well bore?

Well at least this makes sense to me?

As for flowing up the entire formation...the well is cased to 15,397ft...so the only gas entering the bore should be coming from these highly pressurised mud depths over the last 756ft (230m) of drilling.

Of this now exposed hole, (uncased section), just 176m is actually in leadville according to the last announcement.

Finally, my understanding was that trip gas does not actually "rise to the well surface" during pump shut-in unless significantly pressured relative to the muds. That when the pumps are shut, the gas simply enters the mud (if it can), in the area immediately exposed to the formation and then just pretty much sits there suspended due to the additive characteristics...unless of course the gas pressures are greater than that being applied to the "skin", resulting in continuous flow of gas to the muds and eventual forcing up of gas to surface.

I believe this is why "trip gas" is only measured after the pumps are turned back on and those sections of mud returned back to surface...and also why the readings are typically higher due to the time the muds have sat against the formations?

I am by no means an expert in this, so could well be wrong, but with a skin effectively forming on the well bore and pressures on this skin near 7,000psi (assuming 9ppg drilling mud SG)...any gas influx at all suggests significantly pressured gas exists?

Of course, it says little about the potential for the gas to flow in "open hole" conditions (without drilling muds), which is why I await post drilling prognosis with a degree of anticipation.

I really wish the company would add some commentary on this formation pressure issue relative to background and trip gas readings.

Cheers!

Posted: 30/04/07 7:32:35 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1620
    Post #: 1743647 (In Reply to msg #1743645 from jantimot)
    jantimot...

I think people do not relate atmospheres (atm) as well as they do pounds per square inch (psi)...especially in light of the fact gas pressures are typically reported in psi measures.

Interestingly my calculations showing 7,394psi equate to your number...

7394psi = 503.13atm

lol...must be right then?

Posted: 30/04/07 8:11:31 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1512
    Post #: 1743668 (In Reply to msg #1743656 from Sekret)
    Sekret...

Forget the pumps...just imaging the mud sitting there like a 4.5km high column of liquid in a pipe...in this case, the pipe is a hole in the ground.

At the bottom of the pipe, the head pressure of the mud, due to gravity, is enormous.

Now...near the bottom of the pipe, drill a hole to allow fluieds out...at the bottom the fluids will spurt out under significant pressure.

A similar hole drilled half way down will see the fluids spurt out with less pressure.

Now...if you insert a narrow pipe (drill string) into the center of our bigger pipe and pump fluids down the centre of it, so they return up in the space between the two pipes, we will get a constant flow of fluid from top to bottom (through the string) then back up to top again via the space on the outside of the string.

The pressures at each of our drill holes however will remain the same, regardless of the fluids movement.

The pressure gradient relates to the height of the fluid colums as a function of specific gravity...volume, does not matter due to the consistent (constant) nature of the pipe diameter.

Posted: 30/04/07 8:16:23 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1525
    Post #: 1743672 (In Reply to msg #1743656 from Sekret)
    Sekret...

I forgot to add...you are assuming a one way fluid flow...that is, the pressure gradiant is only due to the "restriction" at the rock face.

But what about the pressure required to force the fluids (and rock chips in suspension), back up to surface through 4.5km of head pressure?

Cheers!

Posted: 30/04/07 10:03:33 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1196
    Post #: 1743965 (In Reply to msg #1743918 from Sekret)
    Sekret...

Water = 8.34 pounds per gallon

The mud weight here is about 9 pounds per gallon.

Cheers!

Posted: 30/04/07 11:58:45 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 502
    Post #: 1744672 (In Reply to msg #1744570 from SSkim)
    Sekret...

I don't people are suggesting you are stupid, but your calculations and in deed assumptions are not quite right.

We did not start the thread on pascals law...yes it does apply...but that is not what we are talking about here.

the Cylinder is not a sealed unit...mud goes down the hole (pumped under pressure) and is forced up the cavity back to the surface, where it flows (open hole) into a shaker mesh to crch the drill chips before retuning to the mud pits for conditionaing before re-use.

The issue here is a simple one...what pressure does the mud (fluid) exert on the well bore walls at 4.5km depths?

Of course the methods I used were a basic assumption, which ignored all sorts of influencing factors such as adding surface pressures (14+psi)...bottom hole natural atmospheric increased, heat differentials (100c+ at these depths), viscosity, effects from additives, fluid velocities, friction coefficients, hydroscopic tension, etc, etc

Generally speaking however, the numbers I have presented are more or less close to the mark in relation to the sorts of pressures we might expect the column of drilling mud to be exerting on the "skin" build-up on the face of the well bore.

This was, after all, the nature of the thread.

Posted: 30/04/07 5:05:55 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 272
    Post #: 1746211 (In Reply to msg #1746092 from Sekret)
    Sekret...

lol...example for you...

Take a drill string...connect little ballons allong the inside of it, all filled to the exact same diamater with air!

Lower the drill string vertically down the hole...now fill with water.

Will the ballons at the bottom be smaller than the ballons at the top?

In other words, do the ballons at the bottom have more pressure acting on them?

I think the confusion here is horizontal versus vertical movement.

With a horizonal pipe, sealed at each end and filled to the brim with water (ie no air pockets), we have a chamber exerting equal force along it's entire length...now, add water in one end under a certain pressure and it will come out at the other end with the exact same pressure...and all the way along the pipe, the pressure exerted on the walls will remain constant.

Now stand the pipe up virtically...we now have a graduating coefficient of varing pressure within the pipe, from say 14psi at the top to say 200psi at the bottom.

Add water to the top at a certain pressure, it will come out the bottom with the same pressure...PLUS...what ever additional pressure already existed at the bottom of the hole!

In other words, the introduction of pump pressure at the top effects the entire pipe equally from top to bottom...but does so in addition to the pressures that were already apparent.

In a horizontal pipe, the "constant" is pipe diamater AND "gravity", the latter of which is obviously a depth related variable.

In a vertical well the only "constant" is pipe diameter, whilst all else varies with depth.

So you are right, the pump exerts a constant pressure down the entire length of pipe...but in so doing, adds this additional pressure to those already existing at each level all the way down.
    Subject: re: sp predictions on open

Posted: 30/04/07 9:12:43 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 550
    Post #: 1743756 (In Reply to msg #1743741 from sido)
    Don't be played for fools folks...

By making such predictions, all you are doing is playing into the hands of the "players" who will be able to guage likely "expectations" from the junior sector...and formulate a "sting" accordingly.

Does it really matter where it opens?

The value is in the Golden Eagle Well...this reaches far beyond daily fluctuations.

There is also interest in the uranium however...but again the value prospect reaches far beyond what the price may or may not open at today...or tomorrow, or when ever?

Best to try to be smart at times and avoid acting like sheep...else you allow yourself to be rounded up!
    Subject: re: like waiting for santa claus

Posted: 30/04/07 2:00:40 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 395
    Post #: 1745185 (In Reply to msg #1745114 from wanty)
    wanty...

lol...

"All I want for Christmas is my two trillion feet,
    My two trillion feet, see my two trillion feet.
    Gee, if I could only have my two trillion feet,
    Then I could wish you "Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,
    "Sister Sue12 sitting on a thistle."
    Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be
    If I could only whistle.

All I want for Christmas is my two trillion feet,
    My two trillion feet, see my two trillion feet
    Gee, if I could only have my two trillion feet,
    Then I could wish you "Merry Christmas
    Subject: re: like waiting for santa claus

Posted: 30/04/07 2:08:36 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 279
    Post #: 1745231 (In Reply to msg #1745203 from aussiejoe)
    aussiejoe...

lol...it's already doing my head in.

A bit like the performance of GDN of late...so perhaps approriate?
    Subject: canadian vlavour...

Posted: 30/04/07 2:39:02 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 885
    Post #: 1745403 (Start of thread) Sentiment: Buy
    IP: 138.217.xxx.xxx Voluntary Disclosure: Stock Held
    I can smell a canadian flavour...

Lets see.
    Subject: re: canadian vlavour...

Posted: 30/04/07 3:59:56 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 589
    Post #: 1745903 (In Reply to msg #1745678 from scooter5)
    scooter5...

lol...my nose is pointing in a completely different direction to most of the perianal, love-spoon smelling, intellectual wilderbeast psoting on HC today!

Hamsters would feel like friggin intellectual giants if they were posting here today.

lol...nothing firm, just a hunch of a Canadian interest based on recent "activity".

No idea really though.

By the way...big watch on MPO...I think this is the week!
    Subject: re: canadian vlavour...

Posted: 30/04/07 4:43:04 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 297
    Post #: 1746138 (In Reply to msg #1746017 from bluesdog)
    bluesdog...

lol...what sort of a dweeb would post a song about xmas on the GDN thread?

Nothing but a bunch of mullet-gut sniffing, prostrate poking, motley-minded, stabbed in the brain with a white wench's willy-tacker, run through the ear with a chior-boys butt-buttered broomstick, mewling swag-bellied clack-dish licking neanderthals!

Cheers!

ith hearts dumb cleft with a blind choir-boy's butt butter!

Posted: 30/04/07 5:30:18 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 180
    Post #: 1746281 (In Reply to msg #1746151 from Raks)
    Raks...

Strangely enough, I do know the difference between prostate and prostrate you know...lol...the fat fingers don't see much difference between an "r" and a "t" which are side by side on the keyboard...but, fat fingers (or not) do make a bit of a difference when it comes to being prostrate for a prostate!

Which is why I prefer a lady doctors for such things!

Geez...you know I can't be fagged checking back on my posts...lol
    Subject: re: proven reserves

Posted: 30/04/07 6:25:25 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 609
    Post #: 1746431 (In Reply to msg #1746419 from nUmbaz)
    Geez...

Don't you guys actually read the announcements?

The Uranium spin-off details will be released in a separate announcement...today!

One would assume that as the trading halt was called due to the uranium spin-off, it will be lifted once the details of the uranium spin have been announced?

lol.
    Subject: dst test...

Posted: 30/04/07 6:37:58 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1126
    Post #: 1746459 (Start of thread) Sentiment: Buy
    You do not throw DST's around willy nilly...

They are a costly and time consuming process.

Clearly they believe they have something significant in Leadville...and as I have been saying, have concerns the significant mud weights at this depth (7000psi or so), will impact on gas inflow to the well bore from all but the most highly pressured zones.

I suggest a 300 unit gas "show" under current mud-weight conditions mighr have otherwise registered as 1000 or more nearer surface.

As I have said previously, I believe Leadville may be relatively tight at this location, but still economic over the apparent wide zone of background readings...which of course may well be significantly enhanced by the obviously more porous zones of "gas shows".

I think the concern at the rig might be for possible damage to the limestone formations, which if proven to be potential producers, may well be cased off prior to continuing on to McCracken and Lynch?

As I have been saying recently, we appear to have drilling muds applying approximately 7000psi to the "skin" that forms on the formation walls...any gas that manages to infiltrate the well during "trips" must be under significant pressure in the formations.

One would expect such pressures, when consistently found in muds on every "trip" to be potentially economic in nature?
    Subject: re: dst test...

Posted: 30/04/07 6:52:48 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1018
    Post #: 1746488 (In Reply to msg #1746459 from trade4profit)
    For those unaware...

When the DST is run, packers will close of the zone above and below the area of interest, thereby mitigating the mud weight pressures on the bore wall.

From my notes:

Drill Stem Test (DST)

The conventional method of formation testing. The basic drill stem test tool consists of a packer or packers, valve or ports that may be opened and closed from the surface, and two or more pressure-recording devices. The tool is lowered on the drill string to the zone to be tested. The packer or packers are set to isolate the zone from the drilling fluid column. The valves or ports are then opened to allow for formation flow while the recorders chart static pressures. A sampling chamber traps dean formation fluids at the end of the test. Analysis of the pressure charts is an important part of formation testing.

Posted: 30/04/07 7:12:50 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 813
    Post #: 1746555 (In Reply to msg #1746511 from gazar)
    gazar...

No idea how long...but I would assume say two-days for DST results and three-four days to be drilling agian?

Assume time to trip out from bottom of hole...trip in with the tools, run tests (might be more than one zone?)...trip out again to remove tools, then bit up and trip back in and resume drilling.

My guess is they are ahead of the current announcement, as such they may well have already tripped out and be on their way back in with the DST tools.

Earliest, maybe late tomorrow for preliminary DST results, or say Wednesday morning?

It all depends on where they are at and when they started pulling out?

Given they have suggested faster than anticipated progress...and we have just had the weekend...I would not be surprised to see results of the string test earlier than expected?

Posted: 30/04/07 7:33:57 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 663
    Post #: 1746611 (In Reply to msg #1746570 from new_trader1984)
    new_trader1984...

I too noticed the 11/12 zone references.

I thin the 11 relates to zones other than Leadville...and the 12 includes Leadville?

As for the reporting of minor shows...this relates to the surface readings...without assumptions of what might be going on below.

They were a non-emotive description of what they saw in the muds...which at even 300 units background and limited free-influx into the bore, can only be described as "minor".

It does not mean that they are however...nor dies it make allowances for the likelihood that the gas in the formations is fighting extremely high drilling mud pressures.

Interestingly, whilst the DST will give a fair indication of what they have, they are renown for giving misleading readings...typically due to poor isoloation of the formations from the drilling muds...ie, poor packer seal.

Typically however, errors will always be on the low side...and almost never over-state the results, due to the effective dilution of returns when the packers fail!

Posted: 30/04/07 9:09:25 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1833
    Post #: 1746934 (In Reply to msg #1746800 from Warnie)
    Warnie...

Thanks for this...

1. What are his views on 1000 unit trip gas given the obvious mud pressures on the formations at 4.8km.

2. Same for the background gas of 300 units at similar depths.

3. Mud was weighted at 9ppg for higher up...is it normal practice to foam it up so reduce mud weights for such depths.

4. If foaming is employed, how "light" can they get the muds...is 6ppg possible?

5. Heats at this depth...how does this effect mud properties?

6. Formation damage...will the additives designed to create a skin on the formations need to be differenct for limestone compared to sandstone?

7. What is the widest section that can be tested in a single DST test?

8. How long to retrieve the entire drill string for such depths?

9. What sort of maximum upper loads might we be looking at here for the lifting capacity of the drill string, mud covered an all?

10. What likely limit on the pumps to keep circulating at such depths?

11. Is it common to sidetrack through casing?

12. What distance needed to drill from vertical to horizontal?

13. How confident can the rig crews be of successful hydrocarbon hits? ie...sounds, kicks, drilling sepcifics, trip gas levels, ets.

14. Can say 3000psi formation gas still bleed into a bore with 5000psi drilling nud pressures?

15. When you hit a zone then move past it, do the background readings still include some of the previous zones hit...or are the readings from the drill bit location only?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 30/04/07 9:51:26 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1357
    Post #: 1747060 (In Reply to msg #1746985 from Warnie)
    Warnie...

Thanks ever so much...and thank you also to your "neighbor".

Can I ask some more?

If you want to end it though I will understand...lol.

123. What penetrations are achieved when perforating shot through casing at production zones?

124. How far do the pellets (are the pellets) go into the formation?

126. What sort of hole sizes (pellet size)are created in the formations through the casing?

127. How far apart (vertically) can these production shots be fired?

128. What sort of problems for fraccing Limstone (and sandstone) at such depths...I ssume they are more dense due to higher presures?

129. Likelihood of wet gas at these depths, heats and pressures?

130. Typical time for each DST?

131. Can you perforate casing, run DST, then seal the casing off?

Importance of gas composion? C1, C2...

Posted: 30/04/07 10:02:51 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1184
    Post #: 1747091 (In Reply to msg #1747060 from trade4profit)
    Warnie...

237. Assuming isolated production for various zones, how many can be typically produced at once?

238. I assume each zone requires it's own set of packers to seal it off and collection pipe?

239. What diamter is a typical collection pipe...and how many can we fit in the hole?

240. Can the gas from say one or two zones below be used to create a pressure differentiation say into the formation beneath the oil zone, thereby effectively "forcing" the oil out of the formation?

241. What is your favorite beer?

242. How common is it for news to get of the rig...I mean is this a commonly discussed event?

243. Given we have some 12 separate (so far) pay zones, with accumulation footprints ranging between 600-2000ha each...and a potential gorss vertical pay of some 250ft (so far)...what are your views on upside potential.

Posted: 30/04/07 10:13:36 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1077
    Post #: 1747124 (In Reply to msg #1747101 from trainwrex)
    Warnie...

2346. At the end of drilling, how is the mud eventually evacuated from the hole?

2347. I imagine, given we have +100c temps down at hole bottom, they would be susing a hydrocarbon based mud?

2348. How hot are the return muds...have they cooled down in the trip up, or does the casing eventually heat up all the way down?

2349. If a drill manager suggests the results to date look to be one of the most significant in on-shore US this year...is he likely to guild thelilly given there are reputations at stake?

2350. What are you thoughts on the cementing to casing hanger fiasco?

2351. Typically...what liabilities arise from such events?

Posted: 30/04/07 10:18:35 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 1000
    Post #: 1747148 (In Reply to msg #1747107 from Warnie)
    Warnie...

Bugger!

lol...but thanks mate...sincerely...one of the best nights for me ever on this forum.

You turned about 4 hours research, that I haven't had time for lately, into a 20 minute Q&A session.

Can go to bed now

Posted: 30/04/07 10:24:21 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 946
    Post #: 1747164 (In Reply to msg #1747146 from brown63)
    brown63...

Think beyond your own little world...not everyone lives or dies based on shares...nor are so unsophisticated as to rush into a stock, no matter how good it is.

You do no more tonight than show your junior profile.

Posted: 01/05/07 10:03:36 AM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 274
    Post #: 1747879 (In Reply to msg #1747763 from brown63)
    brown63...

Just as bad as your previous posts...all of which are posted according to an agenda and not for genuine reasons.

Cheers!
    Subject: watch for this reference...

Posted: 30/04/07 9:34:01 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 262
    Post #: 1747002 (Start of thread) Sentiment: Buy
    We already know what significant market trigger to look for...

We were given a clue in tonights reference to the uranium deal...

"The agreement is the result of six months’ negotiation with White Canyon and will provide the Company’s shareholders with the greatest value for the Thompson Uranium Project and exposure to a much larger advanced project with a short time frame towards mining operations."

Watch for the reference to the highlighted bit and you will be on the right track to comprehending the significance of the announcment and likely market response.
    Subject: re: gdn uranium spinoff

Posted: 30/04/07 7:23:29 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 791
    Post #: 1746574 (In Reply to msg #1746533 from veg)
    veg...

READ the announcement!

GDN will hold 30% of the new listing, the other company, which is backing their own assets into the venture, will get 30%...and the public can apply for the rest.

As GDN holders, we get to keep 30% of what we already have, get 30% of what the other gay has...and 30% of all cash raised via the new IPO!

Sometimes 30% of an expanded, focused, fully funded and proactive entitiy is better than 100% of an inactive and underfunded one!

Judging by all other u3o8 companies on the exchange, we can expect market caps in the $50-$150m range given the likely asset mix here (probably upper end)...with a dedicated and proactive exploration team and fast-track mining program!

That some $50m asset value for GDN's 30% shares...a value not being even remotely reflected in the current share price.

We also can participate in the IPO...which if it is anything like virtually every other u3o8 IPO of late, will see upwards of 100% stag profits when they list.

This is an excellent deal for all shareholders who recognised value...but perhaps not for those don't comprehend the mechanics of such things!
    Subject: re: gdn uranium spinoff

Posted: 30/04/07 7:48:51 PM Hotcopper Radio: GDN on BoardRoom Radio

Views: 609
    Post #: 1746647 (In Reply to msg #1746594 from veg)
    veg...

No worries...your response is a normal one.

In the current market however, I suspect this deal may attract a certain type of market player to the stock short-term...one not shy about largish orders...above and beyond the clearly undervalued oil/gas assets.

I fear the company may have lost focus a little here recently...perhaps understandable given all that has transpired...but as a result I fear they have lost touch a little with thier current shareholder base, including their expectations on the information front.

Seems a real effort has been made here to address this however...but I suggest they have still not put the "story" together as well as they coud have.

For all we know, this may well be the intention of management...god only knows we have a register filled to the brim with dweeb punters, so perhaps they have been working on "addressing" this of late?

lol...wish I was writing their announcements

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.