Helicopter Noise

1. 11,084 Posts.
    Does anyone else become irritated by low flying helicopters over one's home, day after day, like here in Albury, a company called Heli Fly, I think is called, trains pilots and does sight seeing tours daily over our place, about 100 meters in the air above ?

On some days they will come past 10 times or so, and I have contacted Albury Council, but they are just a tennant on Council land so can do nothing, so they say.

The officer at the airport, who has some say and sway in aircraft comings and goings can only do so much to alert the helicopter company that their route could be a nuisance to rate payers, but the helicopter company knows it has the law on its side, .... and as has been said to me , the airport was there first, so they take no notice.

My answer is, that the tourism helicopter businesses, apart from Police and Medical evacuation, etc, have only been established in the last few years, so we were here before them, ..... and they are affecting our peace and quiet and privacy.

Apparently others have complained to the Airport, but nothing has reached the media as yet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.