URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

Alee26 - that headline from Zero Hedge you quote is IMHO...

1. 6,912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Alee26 - that headline from Zero Hedge you quote is IMHO creating a false impression.
    Oz u stox have been spiking all of this month - long before the Fed Gov Nuc sub announce.
    Three Oz U miners quoted by Zero Hedge actually have significant u resources outside Oz. DYL and PDN both in Namibia and PEN in the USA.
    With u mining so tangled with politics in Oz it helps to understand where minable u resources are in Oz and this Geoscience Australia www page sets out the basic facts that 80% of economic u resources are in SA. 10% in the NT and exports in recent years have only come from SA and NT.

https://www.ga.gov.au/data-pubs/data-and-publications-search/publications/australian-minerals-resource-assessment/uranium

WA and Qld have around 10% of the total u in ground resource but have Labor State Govs so are more exposed to GreenLeft anti-u policies. Obviously if the yellow-cake price spike prolongs GA could adjust the pie chart State percentages.

Zero Hedge quoted the case of NSW but until recently you could not explore for u in NSW and the nominally LNP State Gov there has many Green policies. Obviously there must be u resources to be explored for and maybe discovered in far west NSW near the cross border resources in SA - see the GA map. Toongi on the GA map is an "accidental u resource" - a by-product of a rare earth project - with the u mostly regarded as a nuisance.

If I was wanting to invest in an Australian stock who held a mineable u resource I would prefer it was in SA which seems to have the most u friendly State Gov.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.