ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

We hear a lot about the proposed 100kW [max output] battery...

1. 332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    We hear a lot about the proposed 100kW [max output] battery system for that basket case state of South Australia's energy status, but I have yet to hear stated the actual capacity of the battery system. In other words what is the kWH rating of the battery?

If were for example 100kWH and according to my WEB search the grid peak demand in South Australia is about 3000kW, it would mean the 100kWH battery would run for 100x60/3000 minutes = 2.0 minutes. It would not be desirable to run the battery completely flat but to retain about 10.0% of the capacity. In such case the battery would run the system for 2.0 x 0.9 = 1.8 minutes. Naturally if the battery capacity was 200kWH then it would run the system for 1.8 x 2 = 3.6 minutes. From what I have read so far no one has yet revealed the kWH capacity of the battery. This is why South Australia will need to build a Gas Fired power station to fire up and run the grid before the battery runs flat.

Sounds like great news for Lithium Ion batteries unless the politicians stuff everything up again!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.