gst on john howard's agenda in 1979, page-16

1. 26,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    "Suggestions I have left open the possibility of a GST are completely wrong. A GST or anything resembling it is no longer Coalition policy. Nor will it be policy at any time in the future. It is completely off the political agenda in Australia." Later that day, confronted by a clamouring press pack, he compounded the lie. Asked if he'd "left the door open for a GST", Howard said: "No. There's no way a GST will ever be part of our policy."

Should you look at the header and the reason I posted the header,is,clearly the GST was embedded in johnnys DNA,some twenty years before his "something happened on the way to Damascus" moment.

Yes he "took "it to the people,even though the majority didnt vote for it (another fact),so yes by all means give him credit for that.
    But that piece of "political honesty" cant undo the lie he told previously sic- Howard said: "No. There's no way a GST will ever be part of our policy."

You will have to give me the complete whatever, AS doesnt make any sense to me.

"then how do you rate labs multi back flipping,"

With a degree of difficulty of 3.25 9 and half out of ten.

I see the apple dosent fall far from the tree,vis-vis the master and the apprentice,note Abbotts ,staffers language to Dr Jensen,which Im sure Abbott must have dictated to her.

" By the end of 2014,under a coalition government,Wheat Exports Australia will be gone and the Wheat Export Charge will be gone,certainly in their current form"

Suffice to say Dr Jensen obstained and the bill introduced by Labor was passed.

Raider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.