TZL 0.00% 5.0¢ tz limited

TZ's patents do not cover the generic case of the use of Shape...

1. 660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    TZ's patents do not cover the generic case of the use of Shape Memory Alloy as a mechanical actuating element. There is plenty of prior art around this, which pre-dates TZ's first patent.

Rather, TZ's patents cover the designs of the mechanisms that use SMA actuators; the ways in which SMA actuators are controlled; and the applications to which SMA and SMA-based mechanisms are used.

SMA is widely used in ambient heat-activated applications (eg medical stents, actuators to shut off electric kettles); and also electrically controlled, where an electric current is passed through the SMA to heat it and cause it to operate.

TZ had patent secs (not necessarily all granted) covering the use of SMA actuated mechanisms for laptop security tether locking, screen lock-down etc. A detailed analysis of third party patents for possible infringement would be required.

I have no idea whether TZ now has an active IP strategy - even whether it has maintained its core patents. Since morphing from an IP based leading-edge R&D company to a "me-too" locker supply company, there has been little evidence (by way of announcements) of progress with the IP portfolio.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.586M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $295 5.909K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 91 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 04/08/2020 (20 minute delay) ?
TZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.