'A fantastic tennis player who is homophobic and out of step...

1. 15,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    'A fantastic tennis player who is homophobic and out of step with the vast majority of people.'

You do not know that her opinion is out of step with the vast majority of people. You have no sound basis at all for saying that. I have heard the argument which goes ' Poll after poll has shown that.... ' but I have never seen any such poll. Just talk of such.

It's a fake argument.

The only fair and proper way to settle this matter is by popular vote ie plebiscite after which the Parliament acts in a fashion decided by the people.

Labor , the Greens and most of the Left ( being authoritarian in nature ) so very typically do not want a public electoral vote because I posit they know that whatever they say about ' gay marriage' the people of Australia in majority do not say or think the same as them at all.

I posit - quite contrary to you - that most of the electorate do not support changing the definition of Marriage.

But as I say the only valid way of testing that is by plebiscite.

As for you saying Margaret Court is entitled to her position and then asking why should it have any weight you need to ask the same of Alan Joyce. At least Margaret Court is not falsely and tyrannically dictating a view to passengers, shareholders and / or stakeholders and declaring it to be the comprehensive company view.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.