GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Maybe because the case for inflationary pressure is only just...

1. 40,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1002
    Maybe because the case for inflationary pressure is only just starting to take hold through:

Higher bond yields
    Tariffs
    US wage rate increases
    NFP in record low levels
    Feds manufacturing a yield premium maintenance with QT

The chicken or egg with the bond yields? Was it good economic numbers driving market positioning on the bonds or the artificial manufacturing of this yield through QT Feds bond holding selling to clear its books? I don't buy market crash/hyperinflation theory but a decade of bull run is unprecedented. I was watching a Prof Wolf of MIT that commented our capitalist system is always geared towards boom & bust cycles and there is a repetitive 5-7 years cycles of this happening and nothing to do with Shemitah!

Don't you find the second phase of this market volatility a bit out of the ordinary? I had expected the Feb sell off would last at least 6-8 months looking back at 2015 taper tantrums. What I didn't expect is that once the market froth was cleared off and the SP500 broke the top, another similar excuse trigger infected the market that we are currently experiencing.

Many are expecting this to continue into the year end so I have this year decided that I am going to be swing investing instead of sticking head in the sand and just hope I can survive the drawdown like the 2015 experience. My sanity at the time was to limit exposure to less than 50% capital, this time around even less. Very difficult to make any gains with this type of volatility based on momentum. Watch that China's Industrial production number in the next hour.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.