Seems pretty clear that your opposition doesn't deflect them...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Seems pretty clear that your opposition doesn't deflect them even a mm and in fact just supports the feeling they are right and persecution and mockery from non believers proves it.
    More than likely anyone who falls for such beliefs will only fall for something else if released from that.

Probably better to just treat them as a yardstick and target for your own research.

Sound advise, if you can adhere to this then you are a better man than I.

I do to some extent use others as a yardstick but this requires an element of judgement, as I much prefer to be naughty than good I have to keep a very tight reign on myself so not too much yard-sticking is permitted..

I was watching a doco recently and then several follow-up bits and pieces about the criminally insane. There was a very alarming percentage of them that claimed to be the actual Jesus or were fire and brimstone preachers out in the world before God told them to slaughter somebody, or somebodies. A lot of these people are greatly influenced by the Book of Revelation. Those who were not Jesus Himself were deeply religious.

wotsup spends too much time on his own letting his imagination run wild, at least his sons have removed all the guns from the house. MrG is likely a good fellow who needs to belong at all cost and is able to hold firmly to a suspension of disbelief. And I'm a fence-sitting-splinter-assed-miscreant who should be beating my wife and getting drunk instead of thinking I can make sense to anybody in hear, including to myself.

I believe wotsup is writing the script for the next Keanu Reeves movie about the Apocalypse.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.