GOA 0.00% 0.2¢ gold anomaly limited

goa in the news

1. 16 Posts.

Gold Anomaly's Peter Mcnab gets a write up in Saturday's Courier Mail
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/glittering-career-with-great-prospects/story-e6freomx-1226123165882

GEOLOGIST Peter Macnab can truly be described as an old PNG hand.
    In one way or another Mr Macnab, who sees himself as much as a prospector as a technical geologist, has been involved in the discovery of at least half a dozen major gold and copper/gold deposits in Papua New Guinea.

With then partner Ken Rehder, he cast the first modern explorer's eyes over what became the rich mine run by Brisbane-based Lihir Gold, recently taken over by Newcrest Mining.

He also had a hand in many other discoveries.

Mr Macnab, with a plantation on Bougainville and a residence in the Logan area south of Brisbane, worked with the Australian Bureau of Mineral Resources in the then Territory of Papua and New Guinea from 1965 to 1970, taking part in much of the exploratory mapping of the country.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    .End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    Later he became a PNG government geologist - before exploring far and wide for major companies.

He describes himself in the early days as "a barefoot, skinny whitey in dirty shorts".

Mr Macnab is with Gold Anomaly which has a few PNG prospects but is concentrating on Crater Mountain, once held by BHP Billiton.

He believes its geology is similar to PNG's Porgera mine, and parts of Wafi and another Newcrest-Harmony operation, Hidden Valley, though drilling so far has been insufficient to define a gold resource.

But ever the prospector, Mr Macnab is keen to see deep drilling to test whether the deep volcanic intrusion that spun off the shallower gold shows might, just, be high grade.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.