The story reports on an ABC radio interview conducted by Jon...

1. 14,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    The story reports on an ABC radio interview conducted by Jon Faine.

Quote:
    Mr Oosting defended a GetUp instruction manual that suggested volunteers tell voters Mr Frydenberg was "part of the coup that removed Malcolm Turnbull as Prime Minister", even if he might be "a nice person".

In an awkward encounter with Faine on Wednesday, Mr Oosting said there was "undoubtedly a coup that [Mr Frydenberg] was part of within the Liberal Party".
    Faine argued that by that logic, every Liberal MP would have been part of the push against Mr Turnbull, which would be unfair given that almost 50 per cent voted against it.

"I think it is fair actually – I think Australians are fed up with those leadership coups," Mr Oosting said.

He also said he did not believe that Mr Frydenberg became "the deputy prime minister by accident", at which point Faine interrupted to point out that he is not the deputy prime minister.

"Apologies, he’s the finance minister," Mr Oosting replied. "Treasurer," Faine corrected. “I’ll get there eventually," Mr Oosting said.

The GetUp boss later argued that Faine could not "rule out" Mr Frydenberg’s involvement in the leadership battle. Faine accused Mr Oosting of misleading voters in Mr Frydenberg’s seat of Kooyong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.