I will pay you in Avocados next season.
    lol.lol.

Posted 30/11/02 20:41 - 27 reads
    Posted by arthur
    Post #1399 - in reply to msg. #1398

Back once more
    Know what you mean about saturation John ,

I am the same and talking to Madcow the other day he is also,
    Only thing that drives me is his theory projecting the likely hood of a move in the future ,

It just increases the % of probability in your favour

Subject re: :) arthur
    Posted 30/11/02 20:59 - 17 reads
    Posted by bombadier
    Post #1400 - in reply to msg. #1399

The study of Gann's books as a stand alone study is next door to useless unless you are prepared to spend a huge amount of time and are very good at interpreting old expressions.

Bowden has studied it in depth (as have others) and the only way I can see to grasp it reasonabley fast is to have the important parts explained to you, then you start making sense of the rest.
    Gann was a brillaint trader and astronomer, but unfortunately, a very poor writer. Saying that, I don't think he meant the books to explain everything, he charged a whole lot of green for personal tutoring.

What I can tell you, is the key to his teachings is the charts, which are usually flicked straight past and forgotten about. Apply his percentages to each chart and you will soon grasp what he was saying.

Bomber

Subject re: :) bomber
    Posted 30/11/02 21:08 - 12 reads
    Posted by arthur
    Post #1401 - in reply to msg. #1400

Thanks Bomber for your reply
    I have looked at his charts in the back of his book 45 years in Wall street,
    But they are very hard to read and only taken from the middle of a very big chart so hard to make sence of them
    Spent a lot of time on the www. reading up ,now trying to draw his astro clock but lots of details conflict ,
    Is the the starting point ie 360' or as he called it zero at the top or say 9 oclock .

will battle on thanks

Subject re: :) bomber
    Posted 30/11/02 21:16 - 4 reads
    Posted by bombadier
    Post #1402 - in reply to msg. #1401

zero is at the top.
    I found photocopying the pages and enlarging them helped a lot.

Bomber

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.