1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

Friday Humour.

1. Subject: A laugh a day keeps the doctor away!
    A man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have her baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress, and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed with horror, that there were several cabs, and yes, I was in the wrong one !!

Dr. Mark M, San Antonio, TX

At the beginning of my shift, I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. "Big...gg breaths," I instructed. "Yes, .... they used to be," remorsefully replied the patient.

> Dr. Richard B, Seattle, WA

One day I had to be the bearer of bad news, when I told a wife that her husband, Allan, had just died of a massive myocardial infarct. ... Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart."

> Dr. Susan S, Manitoba, Canada
    > * * * * * * * * * * *
    >
    I was performing a complete physical, including the visual acuity test. I placed the patient twenty feet from the chart and began, .."Cover your right eye with your hand." He read the 20/20 line perfectly. "Now your left."
    Again, a flawless read. "Now both," I requested. There was silence. He couldn't even read the large E on the top line.

I turned and discovered that he had done exactly what I had asked; he was standing there with both his eyes covered. I was laughing too hard to finish the exam.
    >
    >
    Dr. Matthew T, Worcester, MA
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    >
    During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his new medications. "Which one?" I asked. "The Nitro patch. The nurse told me to put on a fresh one every six hours, and now I'm running out of places to put it!" I had him quickly undress, and discovered what I I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! ...Now the
    instructions include removal of the old patch, before applying a new one.

> Dr. Rebecca C, Norfolk, VA
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    >
    While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, "How long
    have you been bedridden?" After a look of complete confusion she answered ..
    "Why, not for about twenty years -- when my husband was alive."
    >
    Dr. Steven S, OR
    > * * * * * * * * * * *
    >
    I was caring for a hospitalised woman from Kentucky. How is your breakfast this morning, I asked?" It's very good, except for this Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste," the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly, and the woman produced a foil packet, labelled "KY Jelly."
    >
    Dr. Leonard K, Detroit, MI
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    > And Finally . . . . .
    >
    >
    > A new, young MD doing his residency in OB was quite embarrassed performing
    > female pelvic exams. To cover his embarrassment, he had unconsciously
    > formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle aged lady upon whom he was
    > performing this exam, suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassed
    > him. He looked up from his work and sheepishly said, "I'm sorry. Was I
    > tickling you?" She replied, "No doctor, but the song you were whistling
    was 'I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener'."

... Juliette :)

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.