France: Women sleep in diapers to avoid rape

1. 5,454 Posts.
    "All men see that I’m alone, and it’s the same for the children. Men see me and they want to rape me." - Lawless conditions apply for women and children inside French migrant camp that has been taken over by criminals.

Women and children are systematically raped in an asylum camp in French Dunkirk, by human smugglers. A volunteer aid worker says that the most sought-after product among women in the camp, are diapers for adults. The women namely do not dare to go to the toilet at night, reports Human Rights Service.

Also unaccompanied boys are abused by smugglers. As a 14 year old Moroccan boy. A witness tells that the boy could not sit after the abuse, and that he only cried, asked for his mother, and kept repeating that "he felt so ashamed."

We've heard the same stories from reception centres in Germany, where girls and women have slept with outdoor clothes to try to protect themselves against abuse from male asylum seekers at night.

British Observer refers volunteers, health workers, asylum seekers and official French representatives about the conditions inside the camp, which houses about 2,000 people. About 100 are unaccompanied minors. The camp is described as a "despicable area with lack of security and cruel living conditions," and where traffickers have taken control. Women and children are subjected to "rape, violence and abuse." It is quite "normal," that this happens, it is said.

One volunteer coordinator, who started working at the camp last year, said: “Sexual assault, violence and rape are all far too common. Minors are assaulted and women are raped and forced to pay for smuggling with their bodies.” Testifying on condition of anonymity, she added: “Although the showers are meant to be locked at night, particularly dangerous individuals in the camp have keys and are able to take the women to the showers in the night to force themselves on them. This has happened to women I know very well.”

She said that one of the most in-demand products distributed to women in Camp de la Linière – the Dunkirk Camp – are adult nappies. “Women are too scared to go to the toilets in the night. None of the locks in the women’s toilets in the camp work,” she said.

Another statement provided by an ex-NGO worker, who spent three and a half years volunteering at Dunkirk, said men targeted women and children because they were so vulnerable. “You see women in a male environment with men that are disconnected from reality, so there are serious incidents such as rape. Women, children, young teens, male and female.”

The worker referred to the children as being like “little steaks” because they were considered so appetitising and vulnerable to traffickers, of whom dozens are resident on site. One woman travelling by herself said that unaccompanied individuals were viewed as prey: “All men see that I’m alone, and it’s the same for the children. Men see me and they want to rape me.”

It is currently a political debate about who is responsible for the conditions in the French Dunkirk camp. The residents of the camp namely refuse to settle in France. They want to go to the UK instead, where some, like the Archbishop, believe that the UK is somehow obliged to ensure a safe journey for the children and women across the English Channel, after an agreement initiated by former Prime Minister David Cameron, to bring an expected 3,000 children/minors from the camp - of the 100.

The rest, mainly young men, including a lot of brutal rapists and criminals, also would want to become Englishmen.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/...nce-women-sleep-in-diapers-to-avoid-rape.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.