2. Gainers & Losers
SHG 0.0¢

fracture draws gas from overston-1 - ern.net

1. SCD

3,438 Posts.

THE FOLLOWING REPORT IS TAKEN TODAY FROM ENERGYREVIEW.NET

Fracture draws gas from Overston-1

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Fracture stimulation has turned around the fortunes of the Overston-1 well after testing was completed over the weekend with nitrogen mini-fracture of the Tinowon Sandstone reservoir.

The Tinowon reservoir was damaged by the original drilling process and the fracture stimulation was designed to provide additional information on reservoir characteristics.

During the test the well flowed gas at around 250,000 cubic feet per day along with condensate. No water was produced during the test.

The well has now been suspended pending additional fracture stimulation and potential completion as a gas producer at a later date.

The operator will now proceed as planned with the acquisition of a 3D seismic survey over the field followed by the drilling of the Overston-2 well. The seismic survey is scheduled to begin this month and will further define the Overston structure to allow optimal well placement.

Overston-2 will also fully evaluate the Showgrounds Sandstone, which was not tested in Overston-1.

***THE IMPORTANT THING HERE WHICH IS GETTING OVERLOOKED BY SOME TRADERS / INVESTORS ALIKE IS THAT THE FLOW RATE WILL SURELY BE SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASED OVER THAT CURRENTLY REPORTED (DUE TO RESEVOIR DAMAGE DURING ORIGINAL DRILLING), AND IN MY OPINION THIS STOCK WILL BE TRADING SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER ****

I BELIEVE SOME TOOK THIS REPORT NEGATIVELY HOWEVER, I SEE A VERY ENCOURAGING OUTLOOK FOR THIS COMPANY.

YES I DO HOLD THIS STOCK...AND I BIASED? YES WITH GOOD CAUSE. DON'T RELY ON MY GUIDANCE, DO YOUR OWN THOROUGH RESEARCH AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.