Hi Akki, pleased to let you know that a number of widely...

1. 2,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Hi Akki, pleased to let you know that a number of widely represented churches such as Uniting Church and some parts of Anglican church permit openly gay people to join and officiate in the same roles as non-gay clergy. The Uniting church from my view on the outside, an attempt to merge two declining protestant churches with surplus properties sold off to achieve a cash injection.

I have my own opinion that in this one particular aspect they are guilty of the grave religious act of heresy.

In Northern Europe, heresy was once punishable by death and led to protestants leaving Europe to found religiously free settlements which were incorporated into USA.

Churches are groups of individuals who agglomerate around a range of sets of values. Most agree on much more than they disagree.

The church that Israel Folau and his father belong to, and the different one that I attend would broadly be described as Pentecostal. The most well known Pentecostal church in Australia is Hillsong church.

We believe we follow the Bible more closely than others. There are many passages in the Bible dealing with sin, and Israel put one of them on his Instagram page. Many of the sins mentioned are every day activities for a large percentage of the population.

Apart from theft, perjury and murder, most sins are permitted by the law of the land. Sodomy was legalised in some Western countries relatively recently and iso perhaps the people still carry some sort of guilt or trauma from the era when it was illegal.

My view is that being permitted under the secular law does not change God's view. He sent his son Jesus Christ to demonstrate how we can deal with sin and through repentance, achieve our potential of an eternal life in Heaven, vs punishment of an eternal life in Hell.

I support our right to express this view in a respectful way. If Issy had no contract clause prohibiting posting on Social media, then it was wrong of RA to sack him. This needs to be tested in court.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.