RSG $1.33

focus on syama mine --rsg has option

1. stolwyk

22,691 Posts.

1. Syama Mine
    On 17 April, 2003, the following Announcement was made:
    Option to Acquire Syama Gold Mine from Randgold Resources:
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RSG&E=ASX&N=236152

An interesting Option which runs out on 17 April this year.
    Extract:
    "Resolute will pay Randgold Resources an option fee of
    US$75,000 per month during the term of the option and can acquire Randgold Resources' interest in Somisy by payment of the exercise price of US$6 million. Somisy may have debts of up to US$7.0 million at settlement".

Obviously RSG was not paying US$75,000 per month or US$0.9 mill. over the 12 months unless they are very serious about it.
    They would have had enough time to check everything including the possible 5 mill. gold ounces resource data.

Later, RSG made the following statement:
    Jan. 28, 2004: Second Quarter Activities Report:
    "Feasibility study activities advanced during the quarter. Results to date have identified an alternative treatment route".
    + + + + "Study expected to be completed in March quarter".

I would expect RSG to make a statement sometime in April, perhaps it may be earlier or later than 17 April.

As to the expected production and any capital expenditure, they should tell us that at the same time.

The Mill could perhaps produce some 300,000 ounces per year within 2 years, but of course RSG will give us their estimate in the Announcement to come.

Will it be another cheapy as posters think, the bought mine Ravenwood was?

We'll see.

Gerry
    Readers, please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.