You won't need your odour eaters. Wool is a fantastic fibre, the...

1. 14,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    You won't need your odour eaters. Wool is a fantastic fibre, the properties of which are rarely understood by those outside of a few people who are besotted by wool. My slippers have ZERO ODOUR.

Here are some of them:
    1. Wool is fire resistant. Do you recall kids with pj's made from synthetics who become involved in fire. They should have been wearing dressing gowns or jumpers made from wool.
    2. Wool is moisture wicking. This means perspiration will be wicked away from your skin by wool. If you spill water on it, the wool can soak up to 30% of its own weight in water WITHOUT FEELING WET. Air pockets are formed by the fibre itself thus it is a natural insulator.
    3. The moisture wicking nature of wool means that it is resistant to mould or mildew.
    4. Dust mites don't like wool but like synthetics. Allergy sufferers take note!
    5. Wool is a sustainable product. So environmentally friendly. Just returns to the earth. Animal is not harmed and grows another coat.
    6. Wool keeps you cool. In the Sahara Desert, Bedouins wear thin wool clothing to help them keep cool in the scorching heat. The breathable “air pocket” characteristics of wool mean that sweat doesn’t weigh down your insulation layers, which causes you to feel consistently warmer the more you sweat.

So people who want to wash wool every second wear, HAVE ROCKS IN THEIR HEADS.

Wool's ability to regulate body temperature, wick away moisture, and prevent microbes from growing inside your mattress are all ideal factors in continuing to choose wool over more common (and less expensive) materials for bed blankets and for doonas and even for mattresses.

I have tiles everywhere at home. I've never slipped on them, but then I don't run and jump about. They were originally called Boudoir Slippers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.