I do like Andrew Glikson’s run through of the breadth of the...

1. 9,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 493

I do like Andrew Glikson’s run through of the breadth of the scam being perpetrated by climate change denying noisemakers, including on HC.

Dr Andrew Glikson is an Earth and Paleo-climate Scientist, Visiting Fellow at the Australian NationaUniversity, Research School of Earth Science, the School of Archaeology and Anthropology, and the Planetary Science Institute, and a member of the ANU Climate Change Institute.

his qualifications and experience would appear to be broader and deeper than the sum of that of climate change denying noisemakers on HC.

Glikson:

”Despite irrefutable evidence for global warming, such fabrications are still quoted by pro-coal lobbies and compliant politicians, including:

-Denial of basic laws of physics, i.e. the blackbody radiation laws of Plank, Stefan-Boltzmann and Kirchhoff 

-Denial of direct observations and measurements in nature, in particular the sharp rises of temperatures, ice melt rates, sea level rise and extreme weather events.

-Denial of the global warming origin of extreme weather events, ie. the closely monitored rise in storms, hurricanes, fires and droughts in several parts of the world.

-Denial of the bulk of the peer-reviewed literature summed up in the IPCC reports.

-Denial of conclusions of the world’s premier climate research organizations (NASA, NOAA, NSIDC (National Snow and Ice Data Centre), Hadley-Met, Tindale, Potsdam, WMO (World Meteorological Organization), CSIRO, BOM and other organizations).

”In view of the rapidly growing direct evidence from the increase in extreme weather events, the common tactic has changed from outright denial to a minimization of the significance and consequences of the shift in state of the climate,” Glikson wrote in an article published in John Menadue’s Pearls and Contradictions weekly email.

Glikson is far more forensic in his demolition of the flimsy farago of garbage that makes up climate change denial than Bellcurve.

i just see an MO for these noisemakers that includes cherry picking data, nit picking everything, denying all facts, making up others, time and space wasting, noise making and elevating the importance of short term data over way more valuable long term climate trends.

of course one can’t draw up such a list without mentioning the continued and repetitive dishonesty by deniers in dealing with all matters related to the science and IP of AGW and climate change.

at their core, deniers demonstrate daily their scientific ignorance and an arrogance that in essence boils down to Because I Said So as they can never make the case.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.