Doom and gloom

1. 392 Posts.
    I'm starting to see around a third of the posts predicting total doom and gloom scenarios.

Funnily enough this makes me think we must be close to the bottom already. I wonder how low it will really go.

The Shares Weekly website says that as of last Friday the average PE ratio was 18.7. I could imagine that dropping to around 15 but struggle to see the average down much lower than that. Some of the blue chips are carrying massive PE ratios (eg BHP @ 76, BIL @ 47, COH @ 56) while most of them are a very reasonable 10ish.

Note that I think the US market is quite different and wonder whether if the DOW/S&P/NASDAQ continue to plummet we will eventually disentangle ourselves from following their moves.

I see one prediction for the all-ords on HC of 800 which assuming company earnings were static would give an average PE of less than 5. I don't think so!

Of course I'm not claiming to be right but the doom and gloom is becoming so pervasive I'm thinking we must just about be at the bottom.

GET SUPPORT arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.