"Atheist posters have used some very demeaning language against...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "Atheist posters have used some very demeaning language against theists on this forum, eg. "religious nutters", "religious whackos", "egoism and self righteousness", "wotsupian prison", and much more, which theists have been expected to "turn the other cheek" to, so I was a little surprised to read Post #: 31818481 and be told, "I'm saying you, et al, should think carefully before accusing others on HC of being the seed of Satan or satans just because you don't like what they say or they have a different view from you.""

Only you and I know the bolded sections are quotes from me. No one else is interested.
    To set your mind at rest, Copperbod is not an atheist (or a theist) and that language is not demeaning unless you think it is.
    The quotes were intentionally directed to specific post(er)s.

"I would have thought that, in the religious context of this forum, calling an adversary a "satan" (NOT Satan) should be acceptable."

How so ? None of the "demeaning language" invokes Celestial beings or Divinity ... as does your "satan", "Satan" or wotsup's (and his "mate" RM) famous "seed of Satan".

(If I believed that Satan himself was posting here I would be very concerned! )"
    My observation suggests that is a very real concern of yours.
    A toss up between your subconscious fears and rational mind.

However, as always I could be quite wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.