"Were they included in the 144,000? So, another 143,998 hopefuls...

1. 5,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    "Were they included in the 144,000? So, another 143,998 hopefuls to go?"

Had the bandits been crucified the day before they would most likely have missed the opportunity of ending up among the lucky 144,000. As they say, it is good to have friends even in hell.

Now, as indicated bellow they could not have entered the Kingdom of God before Jesus's resurrection, a sine qua non condition applicable to all of us, presumably, since the first hominids got a soul. This bags some questions: first, how many of these primates, sorry people, managed to get a place among the 144,000 places available; and second, where did the lucky ones stayed while waiting for their passports to Heaven, that is, while waiting for Christ resurrection to happen?

"Passports are really important. You can’t enter the kingdom of heaven with the wrong one. You can’t use anybody else’s passport. You have to have your own. It must be current. It must not be a fake or forgery. It must be recognised by the government. Without the right passport there is no entry into God’s kingdom.

Heaven’s passport is not given because we are religious, moral, wealthy, educated, Protestant, or any other qualification. This passport is given by the grace of God bringing us to birth through the gospel. For Jesus assured us that without this rebirth we will never enter the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

The Government of Australia has given me a passport because I was born in Australia. I did nothing for it; I have it by right of my birth. God has given me my own passport into his kingdom by the death and resurrection of his Son who has poured out his Spirit in regeneration. I did nothing for it; I have it by right of my rebirth."
    Last edited by Infose: 18/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.