"This is referring to the personality qualities with which they...

1. 26,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "This is referring to the personality qualities with which they were gifted ... far superior to the animals."

That's a generalization MrGordon.
    I would say that it depends on what criteria you are talking about and which animals you are comparing us with.
    People think of technology and language ability when considering this question - animals can't exchange insults ideas on the Internet or fly to the moon (OK, a bad example, nobody has been to the moon).

But from a moral point of view. No other species has caused as much devastation and suffering as humans have. If you believe your doctrine, no other species has been taken in my a single being (Satan/ the devil) that humans have succumbed to. Species such as elephant display unconditional love to each other - an attribute to which many of aspire to. Dogs and cats give us unconditional love.

Polar Bears can survive in environments without outside support. Many desert animals can do the same. The assessment of superiority depends on the criteria for superiority.

I suggest that the feeling of superiority depends on your criteria and can never be deemed to be absolute.

I also suggest that most importantly the superiority is about some people needing to feel superior and has the unfortunate affect of blinding us to our weaknesses and problems. How else would some come to the conclusion that they alone are God's chosen?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.