Most of course have heard of bulimia and anorexia nervosa but...

1. 1,709 Posts.
    Most of course have heard of bulimia and anorexia nervosa but there is also Diabulimia.

This is about people injecting less insulin when they want to lose weight. (type 1 dia)

Until I saw this video I had forgotten about a girl I knew and grew up in the start of High School.
    To cut a long story short ..... she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at about 13 years old.

She had lost a lot of weight before that and after getting her injections her weight went back to normal. Things then changed.

Looking back now I remember how she would say to me that she needed less insulin as she had eaten more than she needed.
    I watched her inject most days ...... I can still see her tapping the needle to get the air bubbles out.

She got very slim ( after a year of being diabetic) even though her bone features were large (hands, face and hips).
    I thought why do I have to watch what I eat and she can just pack all the food in her mouth and not gain?

Now I know .... we had no internet or phones .... blar blar so I was none the wiser.

Ran into her 20 odd years ago at a supermarket ..... eating a packet of sweet biscuits in the store ..... same excuses ....only this time .... my blood sugar is low.

Never saw her again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.