Debt soars

1. 5,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 859

Login to Market Insight Account

Your Market Insight account gives you access to the tools that we offer our customers including our
    Technical Studies & Sentiment for your accounts.
    mce-anchorLogin
    Remember Me Forgot Password?

Don't you have a Market Insight account? With a few easy steps you can easily register to Market Insight
    Register

Create a Market Insight's Account

Your Market Insight account gives you access to the tools that we offer our customers including our Technical Studies & Sentiment for your accounts.
    Inform me about Market Insight Promotions, Review & Updates   I have read and accepted the terms and conditions
    mce-anchorRegister

Thank you!

Welcome to Market Insight family!
    You have succesfully completed the registration. We will send you an e-mail to give you some instructions and our Terms and Conditions!
    Our account representatives will be contacting you as soon as possible. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to
    mail us via [email protected]
    News

Aussie Press: RBA finger on interest rate rise trigger as debt soars

The latest piece from ‘the Australian’ newspaper stated that yesterday’s RBA policy minutes underscored concerns over rising household debt, which cou  |  16/08/2017 03:53

The latest piece from ‘the Australian’ newspaper stated that yesterday’s RBA policy minutes underscored concerns over rising household debt, which could prompt the central bank to hike interest rates sooner (than later).
    Key Quotes:
    RBA "has enshrined rising household debt as a major area of concern"
    Fuelling expectations interest rates might rise sooner than expected if households keep borrowing at current rapid rates
    "The changes do elevate the focus on financial stability in a way that raises the risk of policy action at some point," said ANZ analyst David Plank, suggesting the central bank might lift rates sooner than expected.
    "If confidence around the achievement of the inflation and employment objectives lifts, then the issue of financial stability could be enough to push the bank into moving earlier"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.