Barg, I think you might more correctly claim that someone would...

1. 6,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    Barg,
    I think you might more correctly claim that someone would have to do 7000 hours of research, to match the number of hours of research you have done.
    That , of course, might or might not, equate with the level or quality of the knowledge you possess , or how you choose to interpret it.

The statement that the growth rate is all that should be focused on, and that we should ignore the tiny actual number , is not credible.
    They are rising rapidly ,from but a very low base ,they are either subsidized, mandated , or a fashion accessory for those that can afford them.

As their numbers increase, these push factors tend to fall away.

Anyway, apart from that, I feel passenger EV's are a wrong turn by our societies.
    I do not want to see billions of ev's replacing the billions ice's.
    I would like to see more efficient ways of moving people around, our living spaces and recreation and consumption patterns modified to aid that.
    The move to replace ice's[and to use lots of public coin to do it!] just entrenches the idea of one 1 or 2 people making umpteen journeys on countless strips of bitumen.
    Might that money be better spent on better urban planning, mass transit systems, world population reduction measures rather than finding a way to prolong our century and a bit love affair with the motor car.
    There are times when EV's are a must, inner city China an obvious example, but an overall reduction in vehicles much more important in the end. So, electric buses, trains, trucks all good.
    Tesla passenger car, self indulgent bullshit.
    Have a look at the average environmental footprint of your average 30 something, living perfectly happily in inner Melbourne without a car of any kind, to get an idea of the flavour of what I'm getting at.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.