Dave Hanna, Shorten's mate

1. 53,358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Fmr CFMEU chief Dave Hanna pleads not guilty to rape - victim texted "save me"

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 5.24.57 pm

The court has heard some truly horrible evidence against former CFMEU and Vice President of the Labor Party David Hanna - pictured here with Labor Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk.

This report from Nine Media makes for truly disturbing reading.  I must live on another planet - what sort of bloke acts like this?

Former union boss Dave Hanna pleads not guilty to raping woman

2:35pm Feb 18, 2019

Dave Hanna, a former CFMEU Queensland secretary arrives for the opening day of his rape trial after he allegedly assaulted a drunk woman he met in a bar in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley in March last year.

A woman who claims former CFMEU boss Dave Hanna raped her following a night out allegedly messaged a friend shortly before the incident asking her to "save me".

The union figure is accused of forcing himself on her at her apartment in the northern Brisbane suburb of Taigum on March 4, 2017.

It is alleged he also took videos and photos of her genitals without her consent.

Hanna appeared today in the Brisbane District Court where he pleaded not guilty to three counts of rape and another of recording in breach of privacy.

Crown prosecutor Michael Lehane told the jury Hanna met the woman, who cannot be identified, at the Eleven rooftop bar in Fortitude Valley about 12.45am.

The court heard she was asked to leave a few minutes later because she was so drunk.

Mr Lehane said a security guard's evidence and CCTV footage would show the woman appeared "dazed and confused" and "unsteady on her feet".

The court heard Hanna offered to accompany her and pay for the taxi home.

Mr Lehane said the woman would give evidence Hanna kicked in her front door, because she had lost her keys, and followed her inside.

He said the jury would hear she sent a Facebook message to a friend that said "save me".

About a minute later, she sent a message to an ex-boyfriend that said "please help me".

Mr Lehane said the woman would say she remembered Hanna following her to her room, where he proceeded to lie on top of her.

She is expected to tell the jury she told him several times she didn't want to, but that he proceeded to have sex with her.

"She doesn't remember anything after that," Mr Lehane said.

"The next thing she remembers is waking up on top of her bed and he wasn't there."

Police allegedly found two deleted videos on Hanna's phone that showed him digitally penetrating the woman's vagina.

They make up the second and third counts of rape.

The court heard there was no dispute that Hanna had sex with the woman.

But it will be for the jury to decide if she gave consent, or had the cognitive to capacity to do so.

Mr Lehane said it was the crown case that Hanna "took advantage of her intoxication and vulnerability".

The trial is expected to last five days.

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2019

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.