AFL 2.78% 18.5¢ af legal group ltd

d gets top job @afl

1. 3,897 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    The AFL has ended its three-month search for a chief executive officer, with the appointment of Andrew Demetriou.

Demetriou �Ethe league’s current football operations manager �Ebeat a highly-talented field, which included Geelong chief executive Brian Cook and WA Football Commission Chairman Neale Fong, for the most powerful position in football.

The formal announcement was made by AFL Chairman Ron Evans in a media conference at AFL House at 1.00 pm on Wednesday attended by Demetriou and the man he will succeed, Wayne Jackson.

Demetriou said he was advised of his appointment earlier today, and was ‘humbled and honoured�Eto accept the position.

“I’ve been the beneficiary of having a great mentor in being able to work with Wayne and getting some fantastic advice and counsel.�Ebr>
    “I know that from when I commenced three years ago to how I am today, I’ve certainly changed for the better.�Ebr>
    Demetriou said that he hoped to inherit the ‘cool head�Ethat Jackson brought to the chief executive’s role in his time in the job.

He said that he didn’t believe today’s media conference was the appropriate time or place to detail his vision for the game.

But he nominated fixturing and scheduling as two areas of special interest.

“I think they go a long way towards our relationship with our supporters, which is our most important relationship,�EDemetriou said.

“What we do with the fixtures and how we make them fan-friendly is really crucial, so I would like to retain an involvement in that.�Ebr>
    Evans said that Demetriou came out on top from an initial field of 50 candidates and was an ‘excellent appointment and a great result�E

“Andrew has been appointed for what he is, and not what he’s going to be. He’s fully-qualified now, in our view, to take over the role from Wayne Jackson.�Ebr>
    “He is now well-qualified, right now to assume this job,�EEvans said.

After a 106-game career with North Melbourne and Hawthorn between 1981-88, Demetriou established a successful business career as managing director of the Ruthinium Group, one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of acrylic teeth.

Demetriou moved back into football in 1998 when he was appointed chief executive officer of the AFL Players�EAssociation, a position he held until joining the AFL in May 2000.

His elevation to the position of AFL CEO means the league will now be searching for a new general manager of football operations.

Outgoing chief Jackson has indicated that he expects to remain with the AFL until the end of the season, which would allow the league time to have both posts filled by October.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $11.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 18.5¢ 18.5¢ $6.629K 35.83K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 95 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 47098 2
View Market Depth
Last update - 11.06am 18/09/2019 (20 minute delay) ?
AFL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.