1. Most Discussed
  2. Gainers & Losers

D day for Abbott

1. kingpins

13,071 Posts.
    IMHO he has about 5 days to either depart in a dignified way or be pushed

Howard lost the election because he could nor see the writing on the wall and his senior ministers did not want to push him out.

The Libs will not win the next election with Tony so at least they may have an option with someone else, and please don't carry on about Turnbull who is already a looser

Their only other option is to force a DD so that they may clear the Senate for whoever comes in after Tony

I am very glad to see that the public will no longer put up with politicians who do the wrong thing, there is no loyalty any more, do the job or get out, or we will dump you

Politicians still pretend that they win elections and Queensland has put the nail in that coffin, the public just choose the next one on the ladder.
    No one can say that the new Labor leader in Qld has caused such a dramatic change due to her policy (non existent) her articulate definition of what she will do to make Qld better or any other party room hype, no she will win solely because Can Do did not do enough FOR THE PEOPLE, his back room boys may have been happy with his performance but he forgot the people, "the mob" who get angry when they are ignored

Of course there should be some questions raised about the money spent and whether it should be classed as political donations. As usual the Labor party had their big media campaign in full swing

DISCLAIMER:
Before making any financial decisions based on what you read, always consult an advisor or expert.

The HotCopper website is operated by Report Card Pty Ltd. Any information posted on the website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and as such, you should before acting on the information or advice, consider the appropriateness of the information or advice in relation to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please be aware that any information posted on this site should not be considered to be financial product advice.

From time to time comments aimed at manipulating other investors may appear on these forums. Posters may post overly optimistic or pessimistic comments on particular stocks, in an attempt to influence other investors. It is not possible for management to moderate all posts so some misleading and inaccurate posts may still appear on these forums. If you do have serious concerns with a post or posts you should report a Terms of Use Violation (TOU) on the link above. Unless specifically stated persons posting on this site are NOT investment advisors and do NOT hold the necessary licence, or have any formal training, to give investment advice.

Thank you for visiting HotCopper

We have detected that you are running ad blocking software.

HotCopper relies on revenue generated from advertisers. Kindly disable your ad blocking software to return to the HotCopper website.

I understand, I have disabled my ad blocker. Let me in!

Need help? Click here for support.