I'm sure I just heard a Professor on 7 News say the curve may be...

1. 780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I'm sure I just heard a Professor on 7 News say the curve may be flattening too quickly, and we may have to relax shut-downs a little so COVID-19 can WASH through the community within the next 6 months and not take 12 months to WASH through. By relaxing restrictions, it would allow more younger people with a higher level of tolerance to the disease, to catch the disease, and begin developing herd immunity.

If this type of call is being made so early in this Corona Crisis, WTF is going on?

We have just slaughtered small business owners, loaded our kid's futures up with massive debt, sacked them, stressed them to the hilt and now we may have to send them back to Bondi to save our old sorry arses. This is starting to smell more like the SARS scare all the time, except this time lives and futures have been wrecked. $200 to $300 billion gone in 60 seconds, but will take generations to repay.

If Scomo and his trusted medical advisors have overreached with the sledgehammer they have used on the economy and flatten the curve too quickly, let's hope he can pull out a magic wand and wash-up that debt just as fast. Don't like the chances of that happening.

Facts at present are that after Covid being unleashed on the world for about 4 months now, the global Covid-19 death total represents only 0.0003875 % of the world's population. In Australia, we have had 16 deaths out of 25,000,000 or 0.000064% of the population. Of those deaths, it is my understanding most of these 16 were elderly and some had pre-existing conditions.

Now we have approx 10,000,000 workers in Australia and our Priminister has or is in the process of sacking 2,000,000 of them or 20% and all this in a few weeks. If they are not sacked borrowed money will pay for them due to the draconian closures of everything we do.

As sad as the 10,000 deaths in Italy is and sound 10,000 out of 60 million represents only 0.01666% of Italy's population. This is after a large portion of Northern Italy's Chinese community travelled back to Wuhan for the Chinese New year. As posted by others Italy has an older population and everyone smokes, so for many of these unfortunate victims, their lungs were stuffed before they got the virus.

Just on that, global deaths from smoking cigarettes are at "pandemic levels". 8 million a year, 80 million from 2010 to 2020 and astonishingly 160 million smoking deaths from 2000 to 2020. This is OK because it creates jobs and the governments receive taxes. 1.2 million die from it per year that don't smoke - that's only 12 million non-smokers from 2010 to 2020.

Smoking Facts.
    • Tobacco kills up to half of its users.
    • Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.

I'm not sure where our learned friends got their modeled Covid-19 death rates from, but after 4 months of the virus pretty well having a clean swing at the world, I'm having a hard time with the numbers. This killer virus that has destroyed our economies has only taken out 0.0003875 % of the world's population. Mostly with pre-existing disease.

Geez I'm having bloody trouble with these numbers.

Our community has been scared shitless by the media over this virus, but Donald Trumps at 73 has rubbed shoulders Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro and many others and is still standing. Prince Charles is no pup at 73 but still has a pulse. Sadly the disease takes out mostly old sick people, but the knee jerk reaction by our politicians has taken out our way of life and will continue to do so or may years to come.

We should have had the kids running the show all along and left it up to Darwin's Theory from the beginning.

Basically, if you're reasonably healthy, you have to be bloody unlucky to become a stat at any age. The death rates sound high when reported by the media and the media and our politicians scare many, but we have to take into account that there are approximately 8,000,000,000 people in the world. And unfortunately growing.

Disclaimer: It's late Sunday evening and I apologise if I'm out by a zero or two with the decimal points, but the percentages are that small, I don't think it will change the gist of this post.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.