I don't see much cash changing hands at the shops I visit shops...

1. Osi
    15,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I don't see much cash changing hands at the shops I visit shops elee. People even get cranky when Paypass asks for a pin number on occasions and for unknown reasons.

The lethality rate is just that. It's a number. It varies from country to country depending on the quality of available health care. From the outset I guessed a mortality rate of between 0.5% to 2% and was howled down for doing so. Again this is far higher than the flu. AND AGAIN these numbers ignore the fairly high rate of permanent organ damage and blood clotting that this virus causes.

Check the numbers for yourself.

Don't be so silly as to use social distancing metres as a deflection. 5 metres may not be safe if someone sneezes into the air where a fan is switched on. The distancing thing is for risk reduction, not risk elimination.

The US economy will recover eventually but I will plan on the basis that the US economy will remain severely depressed for the next 12-18 months at the very least. What's done is done. Who wins on 3 November won't likely change the raw numbers for the US because they can't remediate past inaction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.